Doctors Community Rehabilitation and Patient Care is located in Lanham, Maryland. Sporting an overall grade of B+, this facility should work for most prospective patients. You could definitely do much worse than this place. The best part of this nursing home's impressive report card is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Doctors Community Rehabilitation and Patient Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
6710 Mallery Drive,
Lanham MD 20706
91.84% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Lanham, Maryland Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Among this facility's other strengths is its superb short-term care grade. It received one of our most favorable grades in that category, with a score of A-. With our short-term care grade, we try to create a sound measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess the nursing home's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Doctors Community Rehabilitation and Patient Care?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. When calculating a facility's nursing score, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses are with residents as well as the level of licensure of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated was long-term care, which turned out to be this facility's worst area. We awarded this nursing home a D in this category. However, you shouldn't assess this facility based solely on one bad category, since it earned several very strong scores in other areas. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in this category it is a bad sign for patient care and it may mean that the facility is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this nursing home vaccinated 87.86885 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is significantly less than the national average. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Doctors Community Rehabilitation and Patient Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Doctors Community Rehabilitation and Patient Care, 10.24% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Doctors Community Rehabilitation and Patient Care, 2.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Doctors Community Rehabilitation and Patient Care, 2.07% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term care patients who sustained a UTI. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Doctors Community Rehabilitation and Patient Care, 13.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who are administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Doctors Community Rehabilitation and Patient Care, 14.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Doctors Community Rehabilitation and Patient Care, 10.18% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Doctors Community Rehabilitation and Patient Care, 92.14% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Doctors Community Rehabilitation and Patient Care, 19.83% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Doctors Community Rehabilitation and Patient Care, 28.37% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Doctors Community Rehabilitation and Patient Care, 1.1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Doctors Community Rehabilitation and Patient Care, 28.37 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Doctors Community Rehabilitation and Patient Care, 8.93 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Doctors Community Rehabilitation and Patient Care, 74.3% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
- Doctors' Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.15 miles away8118 Good Luck Road Lanham Maryland 20706Proprietary(301) 552-8118
- Umd Prince George's Hospital CtrAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away3001 Hospital Drive Hyattsville Maryland 20785Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 618-2000
- Adventist Healthcare White Oak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.92 miles away12100 Plum Orchard Drive Silver Spring Maryland 20904Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 891-5651
- University of Md Laurel Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away7300 Van Dusen Road Laurel Maryland 20707Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 725-4300
- Medstar Washington Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away110 Irving St Nw Washington District of Columbia 20010Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 877-7000
- Children's Hospital NmcChildrens 8.98 miles away111 Michigan Ave, Nw Washington District of Columbia 20010Voluntary non-profit - Private(202) 476-5000
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.33 miles away1500 Forest Glen Road Silver Spring Maryland 20910Voluntary non-profit - Church(301) 754-7000
- Howard University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.67 miles away2041 Georgia Ave Nw Washington District of Columbia 20060Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 745-6100
- Fmc - Prince Georges County Dialysis1.45 miles away7558 Annapolis Road Ste C-1 (Below Mcdonalds) Hyattsville Maryland 20784CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (301) 429-3555
- Us Renal Care New Carollton Dialysis1.92 miles away8317 Annapolis Rd Hyattsville Maryland 20784CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (301) 459-1525
- Greenbelt Home Training2.01 miles away10210 Greenbelt Road Ste 100 Lanham Maryland 20706Dialysis Stations: 4 (301) 794-0142
- Total Renal Care, Inc.2.1 miles away9701 Philadelphia Ct. Suite A Lanham Maryland 20706Dialysis Stations: 24 (301) 918-3830
- Renal Care of Lanham2.66 miles away4451 Parliament Place Ste "R" Lanham Maryland 20706CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (301) 459-7300
- Nxstage Kidney Care Greenbelt2.83 miles away10003 Derekwood Ln Suite 100 and 145 Lanham Maryland 20706Dialysis Stations: 18 (240) 544-0811
- Holy Cross Dialysis Center - Woodmore3.83 miles away11721 Woodmore Rd Ste 190 Bowie Maryland 20721CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (301) 390-7270
- Rai - Baltimore-Beltsville4.22 miles away10701 Baltimore Ave Beltsville Maryland 20705Dialysis Stations: 20 (301) 595-0263