With an address in Lansdale, Pennsylvania, Dock Woods Senior Living Community is one of six available facilities in this city. This turns out to be a grade A facility, which is a very elite score. As a matter of fact, this proved to be one of the top three facilities in the city. This also proved to be a very consistent nursing home with consistent ratings in each of the major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Dock Woods Senior Living Community
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
275 Dock Drive,
Lansdale PA 19446
90% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Lansdale, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Lansdale, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this facility also performed well in the area of inspections, where it received an A+. Very few nursing homes performed this well in this area. Inspection grades are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our nursing grade is largely based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Dock Woods Senior Living Community?
Short-term Care Quality
Building on its first-rate resume, this facility also was awarded a strong short-term care grade, with a grade of A-. Short-term care grades are vital for people requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last area, we gave this facility a grade of A+ for its long-term care grade. This rounded out a first-rate profile. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 93.805305 percent of its patients. This is slightly lower than we anticipated but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dock Woods Senior Living Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which have pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percent of long-term patients which experienced falls resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who have had a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 3.12% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many believe this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 88.22% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Lansdale, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Lansdale, Pennsylvania has 5 other nursing homes
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.44 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 7.46 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.33 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 9.24 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.34 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.58 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Phoenixville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.75 miles away140 Nutt Road Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Proprietary(610) 983-1000
- Davita North Wales Dialysis2.25 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale3.55 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson4.27 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton8.04 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis8.29 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Total Renal Care, Inc.8.78 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Montgomery East9.3 miles away1350 Powell Street Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 277-7535
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown10.54 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226