With an address in Lansdale, Pennsylvania, Dock Woods Senior Living Community is one of a mere three nursing homes there. This nursing home turns out to be a grade A facility, which is a high-end rating. Not surprisingly, this turned out to be the top nursing home in the city. This also worked out to be a very consistent facility with consistent grades in all of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Dock Woods Senior Living Community
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Lansdale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Lansdale, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Lansdale, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall rating, this nursing home also received an A+ inspection score. This score is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can offer a facility. Our inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this area usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. This nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies an imminent threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our nursing rating focuses on the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of skill of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of moving patients even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Dock Woods Senior Living Community?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we analyzed is short-term care. Contributing to its first-rate profile, this nursing home also performed well in that area. In fact, we awarded it a of A for that area. Short-term care ratings are crucial for prospective residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final category, this nursing home was given a strong long-term care grade. We gave it an A- in this area, rounding out a straight A profile. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 98.67257 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly can be a life or death ailment for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dock Woods Senior Living Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 3.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 4.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who had falls which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 0.89% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 21.68% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 37.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 2.29% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are showing signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 99.34% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 10.94% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 19.86% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who remained mobile levels.
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 0.29 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 19.86% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 4.99% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dock Woods Senior Living Community, 82.86% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.44 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 7.46 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.33 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 9.24 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.34 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.58 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Phoenixville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.75 miles away140 Nutt Road Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Proprietary(610) 983-1000
- Davita North Wales Dialysis2.25 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale3.55 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson4.27 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton8.04 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis8.29 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Total Renal Care, Inc.8.78 miles away1700 Markley Street, Suite 122 Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 313-8760
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Montgomery East9.3 miles away1350 Powell Street Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 277-7535
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown10.54 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226