With more than 20 nursing homes to choose from having an address in Cincinnati, Ohio, Diversicare of St Theresa is one of the seemingly endless list of choices here. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road score. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Cincinnati. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Diversicare of St Theresa
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this facility received a decent overall grade is its excellent government inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our better scores in that area, with an A-. This is a much better grade than the place's overall score, which was decent but certainly not elite. Our inspection grades are based on many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This place was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B. In calculating our nursing grades, we weigh both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving patients more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Diversicare of St Theresa?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received its next most favorable category score in the category of long-term care. We gave this facility a B- in this category, which is an acceptable score. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We were a bit concerned this facility provided the vaccine to just 88.99083 percent of its patients. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed is short-term care. For this category, we awarded this facility a C. In the category of short-term care, we seek to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 4.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Diversicare of St Theresa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who have experienced falls resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients which had urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 20% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 90.19% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 73 other nursing homes
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.63 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 6.97 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 7.26 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.65 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.14 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 9.15 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Davita - Redbank Village Dialysis1.86 miles away3960 Redbank Rd., Ste 160 Cincinnati Ohio 45227Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 271-5420
- Davita - Silverton Dialysis3.47 miles away6929 Silverton Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 793-0555
- Davita - Silverton Hometraining Dialysis3.47 miles away6929 Silverton Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 1 (513) 793-4376
- Us Renal Care of Kenwood3.87 miles away5150 E. Galbraith Rd., Suite 101 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 791-2698
- Infiniti Dialysis Center of Cincinnati, LLC4.03 miles away4750 E. Galbraith Road Suite 103 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 3 (513) 791-2137
- Fmc-Liberty Dialysis-Kenwood4.11 miles away8251 Pine Road, Suite 110 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 745-0800
- Dialysis Clinic Inc4.25 miles away4600 Beechwood Rd., Suite 900 Cincinnati Ohio 45244Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 528-3222
- Davita - Norwood Dialysis4.45 miles away2300 Wall Street Cincinnati Ohio 45212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (513) 531-2111