With more than 20 nursing homes to choose from having an address in Cincinnati, Ohio, Diversicare of St Theresa is one of the seemingly endless list of choices here. This facility appears to be ranked among the better nursing homes we assessed. A grade in this range requires high-end marks across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities in the nation. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile was its nursing grade. We discuss nursing in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Diversicare of St Theresa
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Cincinnati senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. When calculating a nursing home's nursing score, we weigh the amount of time nurses are seeing residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Turning to our inspection category, this nursing home excelled in that area, which is based on the facility's inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that category. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with better grades in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Diversicare of St Theresa?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on our third category, we awarded this facility a score of A- for our short-term care rating. This is a superb score. Our short-term care grades are presumably most important for people needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated is long-term care. We awarded this facility a decent score in that area, with a grade of B-. Although this is not as high as a few of this facility's other scores, it is nevertheless not a terrible score. With our long-term care category, we analyze the sheer volume of services provided by a nursing home, along with a series of quality data points. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated only 82.828285 percent of its residents against pneumonia. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Diversicare of St Theresa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients which experienced a urinary tract infection. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients that are given antianxiety medication. These medications are generally prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 21.39% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 88.91% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Diversicare of St Theresa, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 33 other nursing homes
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.63 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 6.97 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 7.26 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.65 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.14 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 9.15 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Davita - Redbank Village Dialysis1.86 miles away3960 Redbank Rd., Ste 160 Cincinnati Ohio 45227Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 271-5420
- Davita - Silverton Dialysis3.47 miles away6929 Silverton Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 793-0555
- Davita - Silverton Hometraining Dialysis3.47 miles away6929 Silverton Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 1 (513) 793-4376
- Us Renal Care of Kenwood3.87 miles away5150 E. Galbraith Rd., Suite 101 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 791-2698
- Infiniti Dialysis Center of Cincinnati, LLC4.03 miles away4750 E. Galbraith Road Suite 103 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 3 (513) 791-2137
- Fmc-Liberty Dialysis-Kenwood4.11 miles away8251 Pine Road, Suite 110 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 745-0800
- Dialysis Clinic Inc4.25 miles away4600 Beechwood Rd., Suite 900 Cincinnati Ohio 45244Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 528-3222
- Davita - Norwood Dialysis4.45 miles away2300 Wall Street Cincinnati Ohio 45212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (513) 531-2111