Diversicare of Seneca Place is an average-sized nursing home located in Louisville, Kentucky. Our grading scheme was not favorable to this nursing home, as it received an overall rating of F. This facility does not seem to have any redeeming qualities. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, we will discuss long-term care in the next paragraph.
Diversicare of Seneca Place
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
Even though this place's overall grade was terrible, it actually didn't perform quite as poorly in the area of long-term care. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B- for that category, which isn't bad. Unfortunately, this was not enough to spare its otherwise weak profile. Long-term care scores are pivotal for residents seeking non-healthcare services such as personal care. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 91.61074 percent of its residents, which is somewhat below what we expected. Nevertheless, this place keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. Our nursing score is mostly tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This place performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Diversicare of Seneca Place?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, we gave this facility an F for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care grades are critical for residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
The final category we assessed is inspections. Unfortunately, this facility didn't receive glowing inspection reports in recent years. Consequently, we had to give it an F in this category. With nursing homes that received this poor of an inspection rating, we recommend scrutinizing the severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This facility had 5 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they caused a risk to resident health or safety. Lastly, we want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home received significant government fines of over $100,000. This generally signifies that a nursing home's bad track record spanned several years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Diversicare of Seneca Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 9.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 3.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that have experienced falls which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 2.68% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 16.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 28.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 8.14% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 89.73% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 21.86% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that maintained mobility. Many argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients physical and mental health.
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 21.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 13.2 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 72.02% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Louisville, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Louisville, Kentucky has 40 other nursing homes
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 1.27 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 4.39 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.22 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 5.55 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.53 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 7.83 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 11.1 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- Fmc - Kentuckiana Home Therapies0.68 miles away6400 Dutchmans Parkway, Ste. 145 Louisville Kentucky 40205Dialysis Stations: 6 (502) 895-7650
- Fmc - Suburban1.28 miles away3991 Dutchmans Lane Suite G-02 Louisville Kentucky 40207CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (502) 895-2217
- University Kidney Center Hikes Lane LLC1.71 miles away2271 Hikes Lane Louisville Kentucky 40218CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 459-5786
- Davita - Shelbyville Road Dialysis2.11 miles away4600 Shelbyville Road, Ste 310 Louisville Kentucky 40207Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 893-4791
- University Kidney Center - Broadway2.24 miles away2821 W Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 774-8516
- Fmc - Masonic Home Dialysis2.29 miles away3501 Moyers Circle Suite 200 Masonic Home Kentucky 40041Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 721-1083
- Davita - Meadows East3.77 miles away2529 Six Mile Lane, Suite B Louisville Kentucky 40220Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 499-4384
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of Audubon3.86 miles away2355 Poplar Level Road, Suite G 2-10 Louisville Kentucky 40217Dialysis Stations: 25 (502) 637-1771