Diversicare of Seneca Place is an average-sized nursing home located in Louisville, Kentucky. Our grading scheme was not favorable to this nursing home, as it received an overall rating of F. This facility does not seem to have any redeeming qualities. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Diversicare of Seneca Place
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3526 Dutchmans Lane,
Louisville KY 40205
86.63% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Even though this facility's overall score was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform as badly in the area of nursing. We awarded it a C for this area. Our nursing score weighs quite a few datapoints, most of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a relatively low total compared to most facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It scored well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Long-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home a grade of just D for our long-term care score and that actually ended up being its second most favorable score. Long-term care grades in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 92.459015 percent of its residents. This is slightly less than we expected but still a decent figure. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Diversicare of Seneca Place?
This facility received really weak government inspection reports in recent years, causing us to give them an F for inspections. An F in this category is typically a signal that we found some red flags on the nursing home's government inspections. For facilities that received this poor of an inspection grade, we recommend scrutinizing the severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This particular facility had 5 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only positive thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they posed a risk to resident safety or health. Lastly, we need to point out that this nursing home received large government fines in recent years of over $100,000. This often indicates that a facility's bad track record has been an issue for multiple years.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the last category, this facility did not fare very well in this category either. With a bottom of the barrel grade of F in short-term care, this is about as bad as it gets. Our short-term care ratings are considered to be more critical for patients in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. This means not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Based on its weak grade in this area, we weren't stunned to learn this place offers substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most facilities. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 4.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Diversicare of Seneca Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 2.74% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who had a UTI. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 15.92% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 28.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 8.85% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 90.04% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 15.42% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 20.17% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who maintained mobility. Some would argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental well-being.
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 20.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 13.78 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Diversicare of Seneca Place, 72.12% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Louisville, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Louisville, Kentucky has 40 other nursing homes
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 1.27 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 4.39 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.22 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 5.55 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.53 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 7.83 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 11.1 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- Fmc - Kentuckiana Home Therapies0.68 miles away6400 Dutchmans Parkway, Ste. 145 Louisville Kentucky 40205Dialysis Stations: 6 (502) 895-7650
- Fmc - Suburban1.28 miles away3991 Dutchmans Lane Suite G-02 Louisville Kentucky 40207CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (502) 895-2217
- University Kidney Center Hikes Lane LLC1.71 miles away2271 Hikes Lane Louisville Kentucky 40218CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 459-5786
- Davita - Shelbyville Road Dialysis2.11 miles away4600 Shelbyville Road, Ste 310 Louisville Kentucky 40207Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 893-4791
- University Kidney Center - Broadway2.24 miles away2821 W Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 774-8516
- Fmc - Masonic Home Dialysis2.29 miles away3501 Moyers Circle Suite 200 Masonic Home Kentucky 40041Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 721-1083
- Davita - Meadows East3.77 miles away2529 Six Mile Lane, Suite B Louisville Kentucky 40220Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 499-4384
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of Audubon3.86 miles away2355 Poplar Level Road, Suite G 2-10 Louisville Kentucky 40217Dialysis Stations: 25 (502) 637-1771