Nicholasville Nursing & Rehabilitation is a small nursing home located in Nicholasville, Kentucky. Featuring an overall rating of F, we consider this to be a lower end nursing home. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Nicholasville. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Nicholasville Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
100 Sparks Avenue,
Nicholasville KY 40356
82.6% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Nicholasville Nursing & Rehabilitation has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of B-. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Another area of concern is that CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also didn't rate terribly in the category of long-term care. In fact, we awarded it a C in that area, which is among its more respectable grades. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. Once we finished looking at the volume of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 73.83177 percent of its patients for pneumonia. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Nicholasville Nursing & Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
Our next category we assessed is short-term care, in which this nursing home was given an F. Our short-term care scores are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Turning to our final category, this facility did not fare well in this category either. Due to an abysmal grade of F in nursing, this is about as as uninspiring as it gets. Nursing scores are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This facility offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is well below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Nicholasville Nursing & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Nicholasville Nursing & Rehabilitation, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Nicholasville Nursing & Rehabilitation, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Nicholasville Nursing & Rehabilitation, 2.74% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Nicholasville Nursing & Rehabilitation, 15.92% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Nicholasville Nursing & Rehabilitation, 28.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Nicholasville Nursing & Rehabilitation, 8.85% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Nicholasville Nursing & Rehabilitation, 90.04% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Nicholasville Nursing & Rehabilitation, 15.42% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Nicholasville Nursing & Rehabilitation, 20.17% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels. Many would argue that mobility is vital to residents' well-being.
In Nicholasville Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Nicholasville Nursing & Rehabilitation, 20.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Nicholasville Nursing & Rehabilitation, 13.78 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Nicholasville Nursing & Rehabilitation, 72.12% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Baptist Health LexingtonAcute Care Hospitals 9.54 miles away1740 Nicholasville Road Lexington Kentucky 40503Voluntary non-profit - Other(859) 260-6104
- Saint Joseph EastAcute Care Hospitals 10.39 miles away150 North Eagle Creek Drive Lexington Kentucky 40509Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 967-5000
- University of Kentucky HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.55 miles away800 Rose Street Lexington Kentucky 40536Government - State(859) 257-2278
- Bluegrass Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 14.39 miles away360 Amsden Avenue Versailles Kentucky 40383Proprietary(859) 873-3111
- The James B Haggin Memorial HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 18.02 miles away464 Linden Avenue Harrodsburg Kentucky 40330Voluntary non-profit - Other(859) 239-2409
- Baptist Health RichmondAcute Care Hospitals 18.18 miles away801 Eastern Bypass Richmond Kentucky 40475Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 623-3131
- Fmc - Nicholasville Dialysis0.66 miles away115 Orchard Place Dr. Nicholasville Kentucky 40356Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 881-0332
- Fmc- Lexington Southwest6.57 miles away978 Chas Drive Lexington Kentucky 40515Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 260-1706
- Dci - South Lexington8.71 miles away2374 Professional Heights Dr. Lexington Kentucky 40503Dialysis Stations: 23 (859) 967-0400
- Davita - Kentucky Home Training9.55 miles away2130 Nicholasville Road, Suite 5 Lexington Kentucky 40503Dialysis Stations: 6 (859) 277-9911
- Fmc - Nalco Home Program10.26 miles away3284 Eagle View Drive Suite 120 Lexington Kentucky 40509Dialysis Stations: 3 (859) 299-3379
- Fmc- Lexington South Dialysis10.38 miles away171 N Eagle Creek Dr Ste 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 264-7775
- Davita - Hamburg Dialysis11.89 miles away1745 Alysheba Way, Suite 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 543-0084
- Davita - Versailles Dialysis12.91 miles away480 Lexington Road Ste, E Versailles Kentucky 40383Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 256-0110