Located in Montgomery, Alabama, Diversicare of Montgomery is one of eight available nursing homes in this city. With an overall rating of B-, this is likely a middle of the road facility. This facility seems to have a few things working in its favor. The best part of this facility's profile is its remarkable inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Diversicare of Montgomery
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
2020 North Country Club Drive,
Montgomery AL 36106
53.84% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Few facilities performed better in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't something to panic about.
Adding to this facility's list of strengths, it also received an excellent nursing score. We gave them an impressive grade of B- in this category. Nursing ratings are mostly tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This place provided just 2.9 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a low total compared to most facilities. Lastly, our nursing scores also factor in quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. While this place did not have as many nursing hours as many of the other facilities we looked at, it was still better than average in the area of preventing major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Diversicare of Montgomery?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's third best category turned out to be its long-term care score, where it was awarded a grade of B-. Long-term care scores are based on a nursing home's amount of nursing care. This includes a vast spectrum of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Thankfully, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final category, we gave this nursing home a grade of D in the area of short-term care. This was the facility's least impressive category rating. Sadly, this grade hurt the facility's overall profile to a certain degree. With our short-term care grade, we attempt to create a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at a facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. We found that this place was below average in several staffing areas we looked at. It offered fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most facilities. The final datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 37 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor metrics sunk this nursing home's short-term care grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Diversicare of Montgomery Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Diversicare of Montgomery, 9.21% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Diversicare of Montgomery, 3.5% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely linked to poor nursing care. More supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Diversicare of Montgomery, 3.27% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Diversicare of Montgomery, 19.34% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Diversicare of Montgomery, 23.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Diversicare of Montgomery, 1.38% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Diversicare of Montgomery, 91.71% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Diversicare of Montgomery, 13.51% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Diversicare of Montgomery, 18.39% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that maintained mobility. Some argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Diversicare of Montgomery, 18.39 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Diversicare of Montgomery, 11.47 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Diversicare of Montgomery, 72.41% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Montgomery, AL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Montgomery, Alabama has 7 other nursing homes
- Jackson Hospital & Clinic IncAcute Care Hospitals 0.65 miles away1725 Pine Street Montgomery Alabama 36106Voluntary non-profit - Private(334) 293-8000
- Baptist Medical Center SouthAcute Care Hospitals 2.16 miles away2105 East South Boulevard Montgomery Alabama 36116Government - Hospital District or Authority(334) 288-2100
- Baptist Medical Center EastAcute Care Hospitals 6.42 miles away400 Taylor Road Montgomery Alabama 36117Government - Hospital District or Authority(334) 244-8330
- Prattville Baptist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.3 miles away124 S Memorial Dr Prattville Alabama 36067Government - Hospital District or Authority(334) 361-4267
- Elmore Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.51 miles away500 Hospital Drive Wetumpka Alabama 36092Government - State(334) 567-4311
- Dci Highland Park0.81 miles away1912 Cherry Street Montgomery Alabama 36107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (334) 264-1060
- Pcd Montgomery0.84 miles away1001 Forest Avenue Montgomery Alabama 36106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (334) 269-9416
- Fmc Capitol City1.44 miles away255 S Jackson Street Montgomery Alabama 36104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (334) 263-1028
- Dci Montgomery1.73 miles away544 South Mcdonough Street Montgomery Alabama 36104CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (334) 265-9190
- Fkc Montgomery2.53 miles away3625 Mcgehee Place Drive North Montgomery Alabama 36111CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (334) 286-3766
- Farragut Dialysis, Inc2.7 miles away2958 Dorchester Drive Montgomery Alabama 36116CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (334) 280-4980
- Davita Majestic Dialysis3.61 miles away1510 Eastern Boulevard Montgomery Alabama 36117Dialysis Stations: 12 (334) 260-8519
- Bio-Medical Applications of Alabama6.27 miles away100 Mitylene Park Ln Montgomery Alabama 36117CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (334) 274-4300