Diversicare of Bradford Place is one of several options at your disposal in Hamilton, Ohio. We awarded this facility an overall grade of D. A grade of this caliber typically suggests some concerning datapoints. Hamilton received a city grade of B-, so there are some other options in the city worth considering. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, you can continue reading to learn more about its category grades. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
Diversicare of Bradford Place
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1302 Millville Avenue,
Hamilton OH 45013
69.05% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
Registered Staff Hours
While we were down on this nursing home overall, we gave it a B for our nursing rating. This score is more impressive than the facility's overall score. There are a number of datapoints within this grade. Many of these factors relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving a resident more frequently.
We actually gave this facility a very solid grade in the area of inspections as well. In fact, we awarded it a B- in this category. This is better than many facilities in this category. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Diversicare of Bradford Place?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's second lowest score is short-term care, where it received just a D in that area. This is a relatively poor score. With our short-term care category, we endeavor to create a sound gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess a nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Considering its score in this area, we were not surprised to discover that this nursing home was well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the figures we looked at. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar metrics sunk this facility's short-term care score.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is long-term care, where this nursing home received a rock bottom score in this area as well. It received an abysmal F for this category, which is obviously very concerning. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 94.117645 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Diversicare of Bradford Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who experienced urinary tract infections. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 20.26% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms. High levels of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 90.12% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 12 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Hamilton, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Hamilton, Ohio has 11 other nursing homes
- Fort Hamilton Hughes Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.76 miles away630 Eaton Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45013Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 867-2000
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Mccullough-Hyde Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away110 North Poplar Street Oxford Ohio 45056Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 524-5640
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 13.04 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 15.22 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.61 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 17.43 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.86 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Fresenius Medical Care Butler County, LLC1.62 miles away890 Nw Washington Boulevard Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 737-1415
- Bullock Dialysis LLC1.74 miles away1532 Main Street, Suite B Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 4 (513) 737-0158
- Davita - West Hamilton Dialysis1.86 miles away1532 Main Street Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 737-0158
- Fmc - Butler County LLC2.35 miles away3090 Mcbride Court, Ste. A Hamilton Ohio 45011Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 895-7300
- Fmc - Butler County LLC5.28 miles away4750 Dixie Hwy Fairfield Ohio 45014CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 863-6882
- Davita - Fairfield Dialysis5.34 miles away1210 Hicks Blvd Fairfield Ohio 45014Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 939-1110
- Davita - Ross Dialysis5.42 miles awayOne Lane Place 3825 Kraus Land Suite S Fairfield Ohio 45014Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 738-0276
- Dci - Forest Park8.92 miles away1075 Kemper Meadow Dr Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 522-6200