Diversicare of Bradford Place is one of several options at your disposal in Hamilton, Ohio. We awarded this facility an overall grade of D. A grade of this caliber typically suggests some concerning datapoints. Hamilton received a city grade of B-, so there are some other options in the city worth considering. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, you can continue reading to learn more about its category grades. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Diversicare of Bradford Place
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this nursing home's overall performance, it did receive an impressive inspection report this year with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that category with a grade of B. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are quite minor. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. This turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this facility an B-. Our nursing score assesses the facility's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of licensure of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Diversicare of Bradford Place?
Short-term Care Quality
The next highest area we gave this nursing home in any area came in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of C. In our short-term care score, we seek to create a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze the nursing home's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The key is determining what effect this had on quality of care. Finally, we considered the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 4.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final area, this facility didn't perform well in this category either. With an abysmal grade of F in long-term care, this is really as terrible as it gets. Long-term care grades in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. Candidly, we were a bit concerned this facility vaccinated 88.690475 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be significantly less than average. Surprisingly, this facility was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Diversicare of Bradford Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that have experienced a fall leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better nursing care can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 20% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some would argue this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 90.19% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating. Many argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Hamilton, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Hamilton, Ohio has 11 other nursing homes
- Fort Hamilton Hughes Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.76 miles away630 Eaton Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45013Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 867-2000
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Mccullough-Hyde Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away110 North Poplar Street Oxford Ohio 45056Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 524-5640
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 13.04 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 15.22 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.61 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 17.43 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.86 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Fresenius Medical Care Butler County, LLC1.62 miles away890 Nw Washington Boulevard Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 737-1415
- Bullock Dialysis LLC1.74 miles away1532 Main Street, Suite B Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 4 (513) 737-0158
- Davita - West Hamilton Dialysis1.86 miles away1532 Main Street Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 737-0158
- Fmc - Butler County LLC2.35 miles away3090 Mcbride Court, Ste. A Hamilton Ohio 45011Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 895-7300
- Fmc - Butler County LLC5.28 miles away4750 Dixie Hwy Fairfield Ohio 45014CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 863-6882
- Davita - Fairfield Dialysis5.34 miles away1210 Hicks Blvd Fairfield Ohio 45014Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 939-1110
- Davita - Ross Dialysis5.42 miles awayOne Lane Place 3825 Kraus Land Suite S Fairfield Ohio 45014Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 738-0276
- Dci - Forest Park8.92 miles away1075 Kemper Meadow Dr Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 522-6200