With an address in Hamilton, Ohio, Diversicare of Bradford Place is one of seven nursing homes in this city. We gave this facility an overall grade of D. A grade of this caliber typically suggests some concerning datapoints. Hamilton received a city grade of B+, so there are some other options in the city worth looking at. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category grades. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Diversicare of Bradford Place
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Hamilton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not complementary of this place's overall performance, it actually received an impressive inspection report this year with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that area with a B+. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an B-. We scrutinized the skill-level of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses were with patients, in computing our score in this category. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a low total compared with most other facilities. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics. While this facility got dinged a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of these quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it did very well in this area. This is often an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a resident more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Diversicare of Bradford Place?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility's next best score is short-term care. Nevertheless, with a D in this area, it still fared relatively badly. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Given its score in this area, we weren't surprised to learn that this nursing home was well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. Frankly, this was what we expected here. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents that ultimately returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is long-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F for this category, which is an abysmal grade. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. Once we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 96.019905 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Diversicare of Bradford Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 17.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 1.99% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 1% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. More frequent bathing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 4.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 20.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 1.09% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 98.01% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 19.77% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 24.61% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 24.61% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 19.73% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Diversicare of Bradford Place, 85.07% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Hamilton, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Hamilton, Ohio has 6 other nursing homes
- Fort Hamilton Hughes Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.76 miles away630 Eaton Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45013Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 867-2000
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Mccullough-Hyde Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away110 North Poplar Street Oxford Ohio 45056Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 524-5640
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 13.04 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 15.22 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.61 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 17.43 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.86 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Fresenius Medical Care Butler County, LLC1.62 miles away890 Nw Washington Boulevard Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 737-1415
- Bullock Dialysis LLC1.74 miles away1532 Main Street, Suite B Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 4 (513) 737-0158
- Davita - West Hamilton Dialysis1.86 miles away1532 Main Street Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 737-0158
- Fmc - Butler County LLC2.35 miles away3090 Mcbride Court, Ste. A Hamilton Ohio 45011Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 895-7300
- Fmc - Butler County LLC5.28 miles away4750 Dixie Hwy Fairfield Ohio 45014CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 863-6882
- Davita - Fairfield Dialysis5.34 miles away1210 Hicks Blvd Fairfield Ohio 45014Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 939-1110
- Davita - Ross Dialysis5.42 miles awayOne Lane Place 3825 Kraus Land Suite S Fairfield Ohio 45014Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 738-0276
- Dci - Forest Park8.92 miles away1075 Kemper Meadow Dr Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 522-6200