Dfw Nursing & Rehab is an average-sized nursing home located in Fort Worth, Texas. This facility is a well below average facility. A score in this range indicates we found some red flags. Based on our assessment, this nursing home may not be a great fit for most people. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category grades. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Dfw Nursing & Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a B+ for our inspections rating. This score is much more impressive than the place's overall grade. Inspection ratings are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid nursing homes that have severe deficiencies associated with risks to resident well being. This nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to be an immediate risk to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's long-term care rating turns out to be one of its more favorable features. The nursing home received a grade of C in this category. Long-term care grades assess a nursing home's personal care instead of the skilled nursing or medical services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home gave the vaccine to 97.73585 percent of its residents, which is a very solid datapoint. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Dfw Nursing & Rehab?
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. In determining a facility's nursing grade, we look at the quantity of hours nurses commit to residents and the levels of training of the nurses. This facility provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next category, we awarded this nursing home a D for short-term care. This was the nursing home's least impressive category rating. Short-term care scores are crucial for individuals requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more skilled nursing services. This includes a vast range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dfw Nursing & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care residents that had falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 4.66% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 94.73% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some believe that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility.
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Fort Worth, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Worth, Texas has 33 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 0.34 miles away1301 Pennsylvania Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 250-2100
- Cook Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 0.47 miles away801 Seventh Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 885-4000
- Medical City Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 0.57 miles away900 Eighth Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Proprietary(817) 336-2100
- Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.71 miles away1400 Eighth Ave Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 926-2544
- Jps Health NetworkAcute Care Hospitals 0.77 miles away1500 S Main St Fort Worth Texas 76104Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 921-3431
- Baylor Scott and White Surgical Hospital FortworthAcute Care Hospitals 1.02 miles away1800 Park Place Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76110Physician(682) 703-5600
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest FAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away6100 Harris Pkwy Fort Worth Texas 76132Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 433-5000
- Usmd Hospital at Fort Worth LpAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away5900 Altamesa Blvd Fort Worth Texas 76132Proprietary(817) 433-9100
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Fort Worth0.22 miles away501 College Avenue Suite 100 Fort Worth Texas 76104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (817) 877-5907
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Tarrant County0.22 miles away501 College Avenue Suite 200 Fort Worth Texas 76104Dialysis Stations: 4 (817) 877-1515
- Trinity Dialysis Center0.33 miles away1210 Alston Fort Worth Texas 76104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (817) 338-1302
- Central Fort Worth Dialysis0.36 miles away1000 St. Louis Ave Ste 101 Fort Worth Texas 76104Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 810-0379
- Cook Childrens Medical Center Dialysis Unit0.44 miles away801 Seventh Ave Dodson Specialty Clinic 1st Floor Dialysis Unit Fort Worth Texas 76104Dialysis Stations: 4 (682) 885-3944
- Texas Renal Ventures2.02 miles away251 University Dr Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (817) 870-5002
- Fresenius Medical Care Se Fort Worth, LLC3.78 miles away3708 E Rosedale St Fort Worth Texas 76155Dialysis Stations: 13 (817) 413-0070
- North Fort Worth Dialysis3.88 miles away3812 E Belknap Fort Worth Texas 76111Dialysis Stations: 13 (682) 647-0013