Dfw Nursing & Rehab is an average-sized nursing home located in Fort Worth, Texas. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack score. Based on our ratings, this facility likely wouldn't be a bad choice. This nursing home is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Dfw Nursing & Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
900 W Leuda St,
Fort Worth TX 76104
63.87% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of having a decent overall score, we also wanted to point out that this place received favorable health inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our better grades in this area, with a B. This is a much better grade than the facility's overall score. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next highest area was its long-term care score, where it was awarded a B-. Long-term care scores are crucial for residents in need of personal care. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. We were optimistic to learn that this facility vaccinated 98.091606 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Dfw Nursing & Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's third best area ended up being its short-term care score, where it was given a grade of B-. In the category of short-term care, we try to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the average facility. The hope is that this does not adversely affect the quality of care. The last metric we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Our last area is nursing, where we awarded this nursing home a grade of C in that category. Our nursing score weighs a host of factors. The most heavily weighted one is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This facility averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is not an impressive total. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dfw Nursing & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 4.84% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 93.69% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility. Some experts argue that mobility is critical to patients mental and physical health.
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Scores for Fort Worth, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Fort Worth, Texas has 12 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 0.34 miles away1301 Pennsylvania Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 250-2100
- Cook Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 0.47 miles away801 Seventh Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 885-4000
- Medical City Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 0.57 miles away900 Eighth Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Proprietary(817) 336-2100
- Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.71 miles away1400 Eighth Ave Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 926-2544
- Jps Health NetworkAcute Care Hospitals 0.77 miles away1500 S Main St Fort Worth Texas 76104Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 921-3431
- Baylor Scott and White Surgical Hospital FortworthAcute Care Hospitals 1.02 miles away1800 Park Place Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76110Physician(682) 703-5600
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest FAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away6100 Harris Pkwy Fort Worth Texas 76132Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 433-5000
- Usmd Hospital at Fort Worth LpAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away5900 Altamesa Blvd Fort Worth Texas 76132Proprietary(817) 433-9100
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Fort Worth0.22 miles away501 College Avenue Suite 100 Fort Worth Texas 76104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (817) 877-5907
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Tarrant County0.22 miles away501 College Avenue Suite 200 Fort Worth Texas 76104Dialysis Stations: 4 (817) 877-1515
- Trinity Dialysis Center0.33 miles away1210 Alston Fort Worth Texas 76104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (817) 338-1302
- Central Fort Worth Dialysis0.36 miles away1000 St. Louis Ave Ste 101 Fort Worth Texas 76104Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 810-0379
- Cook Childrens Medical Center Dialysis Unit0.44 miles away801 Seventh Ave Dodson Specialty Clinic 1st Floor Dialysis Unit Fort Worth Texas 76104Dialysis Stations: 4 (682) 885-3944
- Texas Renal Ventures2.02 miles away251 University Dr Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (817) 870-5002
- Fresenius Medical Care Se Fort Worth, LLC3.78 miles away3708 E Rosedale St Fort Worth Texas 76155Dialysis Stations: 13 (817) 413-0070
- North Fort Worth Dialysis3.88 miles away3812 E Belknap Fort Worth Texas 76111Dialysis Stations: 13 (682) 647-0013