Dfw Nursing & Rehab is an average-sized nursing home located in Fort Worth, Texas. This facility is a well below average facility. A score in this range indicates we found some red flags. Based on our assessment, this nursing home may not be a great fit for most people. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category grades. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Dfw Nursing & Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Fort Worth senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a B for our inspections rating. This score is much more impressive than the place's overall grade. Inspection ratings are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid nursing homes that have severe deficiencies associated with risks to resident well being. This nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to be an immediate risk to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's short-term care rating turns out to be one of its more favorable features. The nursing home received a grade of C in this category. Short-term care grades are generally used to score a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to offer highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. We found that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It supplied fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. The last measure we considered in this category is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Dfw Nursing & Rehab?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable category turned out to be long-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a C. Long-term care scores are meaningful for prospective residents in need of non-healthcare services such as personal care. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 98.8 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable percentage. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Switching gears to the next category, we gave this facility a D for nursing. This is the nursing home's least impressive category rating. Nursing grades are mostly based on a facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. To go along with its below average total nursing hours per patient, this place had poor marks in several of the quality-based measures we looked at in computing our nursing scores. We looked at the percent of residents sustaining falls leading to major injury. This facility was at more than 150 percent of the national average in this statistic. This is concerning in light of the fact that many falls could likely be prevented with better nursing care. This ended up sealing the nursing home's fate of earning a poor nursing grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dfw Nursing & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 5.56% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 6% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients that have sustained a fall leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 0.4% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 11.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 26.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 1.29% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 99.4% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 31.62% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 8.76% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels. Some argue that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 8.76% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dfw Nursing & Rehab, 16.48% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Scores for Fort Worth, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Fort Worth, Texas has 35 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 0.34 miles away1301 Pennsylvania Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 250-2100
- Cook Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 0.47 miles away801 Seventh Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 885-4000
- Medical City Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 0.57 miles away900 Eighth Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Proprietary(817) 336-2100
- Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.71 miles away1400 Eighth Ave Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 926-2544
- Jps Health NetworkAcute Care Hospitals 0.77 miles away1500 S Main St Fort Worth Texas 76104Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 921-3431
- Baylor Scott and White Surgical Hospital FortworthAcute Care Hospitals 1.02 miles away1800 Park Place Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76110Physician(682) 703-5600
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest FAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away6100 Harris Pkwy Fort Worth Texas 76132Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 433-5000
- Usmd Hospital at Fort Worth LpAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away5900 Altamesa Blvd Fort Worth Texas 76132Proprietary(817) 433-9100
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Fort Worth0.22 miles away501 College Avenue Suite 100 Fort Worth Texas 76104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (817) 877-5907
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Tarrant County0.22 miles away501 College Avenue Suite 200 Fort Worth Texas 76104Dialysis Stations: 4 (817) 877-1515
- Trinity Dialysis Center0.33 miles away1210 Alston Fort Worth Texas 76104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (817) 338-1302
- Central Fort Worth Dialysis0.36 miles away1000 St. Louis Ave Ste 101 Fort Worth Texas 76104Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 810-0379
- Cook Childrens Medical Center Dialysis Unit0.44 miles away801 Seventh Ave Dodson Specialty Clinic 1st Floor Dialysis Unit Fort Worth Texas 76104Dialysis Stations: 4 (682) 885-3944
- Texas Renal Ventures2.02 miles away251 University Dr Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (817) 870-5002
- Fresenius Medical Care Se Fort Worth, LLC3.78 miles away3708 E Rosedale St Fort Worth Texas 76155Dialysis Stations: 13 (817) 413-0070
- North Fort Worth Dialysis3.88 miles away3812 E Belknap Fort Worth Texas 76111Dialysis Stations: 13 (682) 647-0013