With an address in Redwood City, California, Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center is the only facility located in this area. With an A- overall grade, we rated this nursing home in the top 25 percent of all facilities in the nation. Based on our ratings, this facility is simply as good as it gets. This nursing home also received very consistent ratings in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Our nursing rating consists of a handful of factors, but the primary one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
We also want to alert you to the fact that this facility was given an impressive score of A- in our short-term care category. With our short-term care rating, we endeavor to create a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze the facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center?
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored was long-term care, in which this facility received a grade of B. Believe it or not, this turned out to be this nursing home's weakest category. A nursing home could be doing a lot worse when it's weakest score still outperforms most facilities. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. This is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations for the elderly population. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents who are administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients that are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 4.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
- Sequoia HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.14 miles away170 Alameda De Las Pulgas Redwood City California 94062Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 367-5551
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Redwood CityAcute Care Hospitals 2.29 miles away1100 Veterans Boulevard Redwood City California 94063Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 299-2000
- Stanford Health CareAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away300 Pasteur Drive Stanford California 94305Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 723-5708
- San Mateo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.27 miles away222 W 39th Ave San Mateo California 94403Government - Local(650) 573-2222
- Mills-Peninsula Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.62 miles away1501 Trousdale Drive Burlingame California 94010Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 696-5270
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.73 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- St Rose HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.52 miles away27200 Calaroga Ave Hayward California 94545Voluntary non-profit - Church(510) 782-6200
- Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.02 miles away2000 Mowry Ave Fremont California 94538Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 797-1111
- Redwood City Dialysis Center2.09 miles away1000 Marshall Street Redwood City California 94063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 365-0129
- Satellite Dialysis Redwood City2.71 miles away1125 Industrial Rd Suite G San Carlos California 94070CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 366-0789
- Satellite Dialysis Menlo Park5.74 miles away1040 Hamilton Court Menlo Park California 94025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 384-4800
- Wellbound of San Mateo6.64 miles away2000 South El Camino Real 2nd Floor San Mateo California 94403Dialysis Stations: 4 (650) 377-0882
- Satellite Dialysis San Mateo6.64 miles away2000 South El Camino Real San Mateo California 94403CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 377-0888
- Lucile Packard Stanford Pediatric Dialysis7.08 miles away725 Welch Road Pediatric Dialysis Rm 1229 Palo Alto California 94304Dialysis Stations: 6 (650) 498-5544
- Foster City Dialysis Center7.28 miles away1261 East Hillsdale Blvd #2 San Mateo California 94404Dialysis Stations: 16 (650) 638-9301
- Satellite Dialysis Mountain View11.16 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 100 Mountain View California 94040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 417-6420