With an address in Redwood City, California, Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center is the only facility located in this area. With an A- overall grade, we rated this nursing home in the top third of all nursing homes in the United States. Based on our ratings, this place is just about as as good as it gets. This nursing home also received very consistent grades in all four of our categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Best Nursing Home in Redwood City, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Our nursing rating analyzes the facility's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the amount of time spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
In addition, this facility also performed well in inspections, which is based on its inspections. We gave it an B+ for that category, which is one of our top grades. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, this facility also was awarded favorable short-term care grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our higher grades in that area, with a score of B+. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to judge a facility's rehabilitation services To have good rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed was long-term care. We gave this nursing home one of our more favorable grades in that area, with a B. Even though this was not as strong as several of its other scores, it is nevertheless a fine grade. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is much higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who had a fall which caused major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who have suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients that are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 4.64% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
- Sequoia HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.14 miles away170 Alameda De Las Pulgas Redwood City California 94062Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 367-5551
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Redwood CityAcute Care Hospitals 2.29 miles away1100 Veterans Boulevard Redwood City California 94063Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 299-2000
- Stanford Health CareAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away300 Pasteur Drive Stanford California 94305Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 723-5708
- San Mateo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.27 miles away222 W 39th Ave San Mateo California 94403Government - Local(650) 573-2222
- Mills-Peninsula Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.62 miles away1501 Trousdale Drive Burlingame California 94010Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 696-5270
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.73 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- St Rose HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.52 miles away27200 Calaroga Ave Hayward California 94545Voluntary non-profit - Church(510) 782-6200
- Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.02 miles away2000 Mowry Ave Fremont California 94538Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 797-1111
- Redwood City Dialysis Center2.09 miles away1000 Marshall Street Redwood City California 94063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 365-0129
- Satellite Dialysis Redwood City2.71 miles away1125 Industrial Rd Suite G San Carlos California 94070CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 366-0789
- Satellite Dialysis Menlo Park5.74 miles away1040 Hamilton Court Menlo Park California 94025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 384-4800
- Wellbound of San Mateo6.64 miles away2000 South El Camino Real 2nd Floor San Mateo California 94403Dialysis Stations: 4 (650) 377-0882
- Satellite Dialysis San Mateo6.64 miles away2000 South El Camino Real San Mateo California 94403CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 377-0888
- Lucile Packard Stanford Pediatric Dialysis7.08 miles away725 Welch Road Pediatric Dialysis Rm 1229 Palo Alto California 94304Dialysis Stations: 6 (650) 498-5544
- Foster City Dialysis Center7.28 miles away1261 East Hillsdale Blvd #2 San Mateo California 94404Dialysis Stations: 16 (650) 638-9301
- Satellite Dialysis Mountain View11.16 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 100 Mountain View California 94040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 417-6420