With an address in Redwood City, California, Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center is the only facility located in this area. This facility received an overall grade of B, which is a quality score. Based on our ratings, this place looks like a good fit for most people. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home didn't have any bad scores in any of the four major categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Redwood City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Redwood City, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home really excelled in nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few facilities fared better in this category. Our nursing grade assesses the facility's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of training of those nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Adding to its impressive grades, we gave this nursing home a grade of A- for inspections. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a decent grade in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of B-. Our short-term care ratings are arguably more meaningful for patients in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional skilled nursing. This includes not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the next category, this facility was given a decent long-term care score of B-. With our long-term care score, we analyze the volume of services provided by a facility, as well as some quality data points. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 95.121956 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. This facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who had a fall which caused major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who have suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients that are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 5.83% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 95.65% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Devonshire Oaks Nursing Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
- Sequoia HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.14 miles away170 Alameda De Las Pulgas Redwood City California 94062Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 367-5551
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Redwood CityAcute Care Hospitals 2.29 miles away1100 Veterans Boulevard Redwood City California 94063Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 299-2000
- Stanford Health CareAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away300 Pasteur Drive Stanford California 94305Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 723-5708
- San Mateo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.27 miles away222 W 39th Ave San Mateo California 94403Government - Local(650) 573-2222
- Mills-Peninsula Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.62 miles away1501 Trousdale Drive Burlingame California 94010Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 696-5270
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.73 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- St Rose HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.52 miles away27200 Calaroga Ave Hayward California 94545Voluntary non-profit - Church(510) 782-6200
- Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.02 miles away2000 Mowry Ave Fremont California 94538Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 797-1111
- Redwood City Dialysis Center2.09 miles away1000 Marshall Street Redwood City California 94063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 365-0129
- Satellite Dialysis Redwood City2.71 miles away1125 Industrial Rd Suite G San Carlos California 94070CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 366-0789
- Satellite Dialysis Menlo Park5.74 miles away1040 Hamilton Court Menlo Park California 94025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 384-4800
- Wellbound of San Mateo6.64 miles away2000 South El Camino Real 2nd Floor San Mateo California 94403Dialysis Stations: 4 (650) 377-0882
- Satellite Dialysis San Mateo6.64 miles away2000 South El Camino Real San Mateo California 94403CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 377-0888
- Lucile Packard Stanford Pediatric Dialysis7.08 miles away725 Welch Road Pediatric Dialysis Rm 1229 Palo Alto California 94304Dialysis Stations: 6 (650) 498-5544
- Foster City Dialysis Center7.28 miles away1261 East Hillsdale Blvd #2 San Mateo California 94404Dialysis Stations: 16 (650) 638-9301
- Satellite Dialysis Mountain View11.16 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 100 Mountain View California 94040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 417-6420