Devon Gables Rehabilitation Center is located in the large metropolitan area of Tucson, Arizona. This turns out to be a grade A facility, which is a high-end score. This nursing home proved to be one of the better facilities in the city, which has a good selection of nursing homes. This facility also received impressive scores in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Devon Gables Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of being a first rate facility overall, this nursing home also performed well in the area of long-term care, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes fared better in this category. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. After considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 98.57143 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Turning to inspections, this facility excelled in that area, which is based on the nursing home's inspection reports. We awarded it an A for that category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are relatively minor. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Devon Gables Rehabilitation Center?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing rating is mostly tied to a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last category, this nursing home also received a first-rate short-term care rating, with an A-. This finished off an elusive straight A report card. Our short-term care grades are arguably more critical for individuals requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally mandates more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Devon Gables Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Devon Gables Rehabilitation Center, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Devon Gables Rehabilitation Center, 2.2% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients that sustained falls resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Devon Gables Rehabilitation Center, 1.68% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Devon Gables Rehabilitation Center, 11.03% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Devon Gables Rehabilitation Center, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients that are given antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Devon Gables Rehabilitation Center, 3.1% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Devon Gables Rehabilitation Center, 80.03% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Devon Gables Rehabilitation Center, 12.44% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Devon Gables Rehabilitation Center, 20.97% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that remained mobile levels.
In Devon Gables Rehabilitation Center, 1.3 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Devon Gables Rehabilitation Center, 20.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Devon Gables Rehabilitation Center, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Devon Gables Rehabilitation Center, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Tucson, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Tucson, Arizona has 21 other nursing homes
- Palo Verde Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 0.93 miles away2695 North Craycroft Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 322-2888
- Tucson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.13 miles away5301 East Grant Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 327-5461
- St Joseph's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.71 miles away350 North Wilmot Road Tucson Arizona 85711Voluntary non-profit - Other(520) 873-3000
- Banner - University Medical Center Tucson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away1625 North Campbell Avenue Tucson Arizona 85724Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 874-4189
- Banner-University Medical Center South CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.42 miles away2800 East Ajo Way Tucson Arizona 85713Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 874-2000
- St. Mary's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.28 miles away1601 West St Mary's Road Tucson Arizona 85745Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 872-3000
- Sonora Behavioral Health HospitalPsychiatric 9.81 miles away6050 North Corona Road Tucson Arizona 85704Proprietary(520) 469-8700
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.12 miles away6200 North La Cholla Boulevard Tucson Arizona 85741Proprietary(520) 469-8100
- East Tucson (Fmc)1.64 miles away5555 E 5th St #155 Tucson Arizona 85711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (520) 790-0461
- Swan Dialysis2.01 miles away1635 N Swan Road Tucson Arizona 85712Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 327-1125
- Tucson East Dialysis (Dva)2.18 miles away6420 E Broadway Blvd Ste c300 Tucson Arizona 85710CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (520) 790-2775
- Tucson Central Dialysis (Dva)3.99 miles away2901 E Grant Rd Tucson Arizona 85716CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 325-3408
- Desert Dialysis Center (Dci)4.93 miles away2022 E Prince Rd Tucson Arizona 85719Dialysis Stations: 19 (520) 327-0007
- Banner University Medical Center Pediatric Outpatient Dialysis Unit5 miles awayPO Box 245148 Tucson Arizona 85724Dialysis Stations: 4 (520) 694-7176
- Tucson West Dialysis Center (Fmc)6.63 miles away100 W Grant Rd Tucson Arizona 85705CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (520) 624-0266
- Northwest Tucson Dialysis (Dva)7.19 miles away2945 W Ina Rd Ste 105 Tucson Arizona 85741CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (520) 797-0049