Deupree House is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Cincinnati, Ohio which has a population of 795,220 people. Featuring an overall rating of A-, this is without a doubt an impressive nursing home. You flat out can not do any better than this nursing home. The best part of this nursing home's strong profile is its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
With an overall grade this high, it should come as no surprise that this facility excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple relatively minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received a dominant short-term care grade. This actually is this nursing home's second strongest category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. In computing our short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to create a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Deupree House?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at was long-term care. We awarded this facility a solid score in this area, with a B-. While this is not as dominant as a few of its other scores, it is nevertheless a middle of the pack score. Long-term care grades focus on a facility's assistance with daily living instead of the skilled therapy or medical services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is more than the average nursing home. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Deupree House Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Deupree House, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Deupree House, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which had falls resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Deupree House, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Deupree House, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Deupree House, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Deupree House, 20% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Deupree House, 90.19% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Deupree House, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Deupree House, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Deupree House, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 73 other nursing homes
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 5.05 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.21 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 7.86 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 9.37 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Davita - Redbank Village Dialysis0.29 miles away3960 Redbank Rd., Ste 160 Cincinnati Ohio 45227Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 271-5420
- Davita - Norwood Dialysis2.56 miles away2300 Wall Street Cincinnati Ohio 45212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (513) 531-2111
- Fmc - Liberty Norwood2.8 miles away2071 Sherman Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45212CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 841-1800
- Davita - Silverton Dialysis3.11 miles away6929 Silverton Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 793-0555
- Davita - Silverton Hometraining Dialysis3.11 miles away6929 Silverton Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 1 (513) 793-4376
- Us Renal Care of Norwood Dialysis3.58 miles away1721 Tennessee Ave. Cincinnati Ohio 45229Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 242-6733
- Infiniti Dialysis Center of Cincinnati, LLC4.17 miles away4750 E. Galbraith Road Suite 103 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 3 (513) 791-2137
- Fmc-Liberty Dialysis-Kenwood4.21 miles away8251 Pine Road, Suite 110 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 745-0800