With an address in Palm Springs, California, Desert Regional Medical Center D/P Snf is one of four available facilities there. This facility received an impressive overall score of A+, making it the highest graded facility in the city. We also want to point out that this place is based in a hospital. Typically, this indicates that more intensive healthcare services are available. One of the best aspects of this facility's stellar profile is its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Desert Regional Medical Center D/P Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Palm Springs, California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Palm Springs, California Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Palm Springs, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings are based on datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This high end nursing home also dominated in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a score of A+. Very few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our short-term care scores are critical for individuals requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a wide scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Desert Regional Medical Center D/P Snf?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. The nursing grade includes several factors. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving a patient more often.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category, this facility also received a first-rate long-term care rating, with a grade of A. This topped off a very impressive profile. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. It doesn't appear that this facility submitted information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Desert Regional Medical Center D/P Snf Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Desert Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Desert Regional Medical Center D/P Snf, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Palm Springs, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Palm Springs, California has 3 other nursing homes
- Davita-Palm Springs Dialysis1.01 miles away1061 N. Indian Canyon Drive Palm Springs California 92262CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 325-0909
- Davita-Cathedral City Dialysis6.52 miles away30885 Date Palm Drive Cathedral City California 92234CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 202-3491
- Kidney Institute at Eisenhower Medical Center10.36 miles awayProbst Building 39000 Bob Hope Drive, Suite 103 Rancho Mirage California 92270CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 837-9696
- Fmc-Rai-Corporate Way-Palm Desert13.03 miles away41-501 Corporate Way Palm Desert California 92260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 346-7588
- Davita-Bermuda Dunes Dialysis14.92 miles away78030 Wildcat Drive Suite 101 Palm Desert California 92211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 345-5115
- Davita Desert Sands Home Training14.92 miles away78030 Wildcat Dr. Ste 102 Palm Desert California 92211Dialysis Stations: 6 (760) 772-5608
- La Quinta Kidney Center, LLC16.89 miles away43576 Washington Street, Suite 101 La Quinta California 92253Dialysis Stations: 28 (760) 200-1000