Deptford Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is one of just a couple nursing homes located in West Deptford, New Jersey. This nursing home was given an extremely poor overall rating based on the data we assessed. This place didn't have any redeeming qualities. Surprisingly, we were able to give this facility some positive feedback for our inspections category, which you can read more about below.
Deptford Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we graded this nursing home incredibly poorly overall, it actually earned a relatively impressive government inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our better grades in that category with a B+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be quite minor. Although this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
This facility's second best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. In determining our nursing grades, we look at both nursing hours and the training levels of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This statistic is quite a bit below the national average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This place fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these statistics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Deptford Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home ended up receiving a rock-bottom grade in our long-term care area. It received an F in this area. Long-term care grades in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated 72.74074 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be quite a few points less than what we expected. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next area, this nursing home really did not perform well in this area either. With an abysmal grade of F in short-term care, this is about as bad as it gets. In calculating our short-term care grades, we look at a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This category is often a meaningful measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation. With its grade in this area, we weren't stunned to find that this facility was well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the data we assessed. The final datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 3.7 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Deptford Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Deptford Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Deptford Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Deptford Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Deptford Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients that are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Deptford Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Deptford Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 5.95% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents showing symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Deptford Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 91.97% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Deptford Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Deptford Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Deptford Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Deptford Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Deptford Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Deptford Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Inspira Medical Center WoodburyAcute Care Hospitals 2.39 miles away509 N Broad St West Deptford New Jersey 08096Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 845-0100
- Jefferson Stratford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.14 miles away18 East Laurel Road Stratford New Jersey 08084Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 346-7802
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.74 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.67 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Pennsylvania HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.38 miles away800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 829-3000
- Thomas Jefferson University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.67 miles away111 South 11th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 955-6000
- Hahnemann University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.24 miles away230 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19102Proprietary(215) 762-7000
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 9.31 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Fresenius Medical Care Deptford LLC1.5 miles away1689 Delsea Drive West Deptford New Jersey 08096Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 468-5049
- Fmc Woodbury Dialysis Ctr2.17 miles away571 North Evergreen Ave West Deptford New Jersey 08096CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 853-8735
- Fkc Liberty Runnemede2.73 miles away170 Ninth Avenue Unit B Runnemede New Jersey 08078Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 312-0101
- Davita Brooklawn Dialysis3.34 miles away700 Crescent Blvd Ste 10b Gloucester City New Jersey 08030Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 456-1230
- Kennedy Dialysis Center Washington Twp4.96 miles awayDialysis Unit 300 Medical Center Dr Sewell New Jersey 08080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990
- Davita Renal Center of Sewell4.96 miles awayRenal Center 660 Woodbury-Glassboro Rd, Suite 29 Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 21 (856) 464-1172
- Dialysis Unit of Center City Philadelphia, LLC5.46 miles away230 N. Broad Street Bobst Building, 12th Floor Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19102Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 563-9383
- Kennedy Dialysis Center Voorhees6.35 miles away201 Laurel Oak Road Suite A Voorhees New Jersey 08043CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 566-5460