Denver North Care Center is located in the large metropolitan area of Denver, Colorado. Sporting an overall rating of A-, this nursing home is ranked among the higher-graded nursing homes we looked at. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the country. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next section.
Denver North Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
2201 Downing Street,
Denver CO 80205
95.37% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate nursing home overall, it also performed well in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Few facilities performed better in this area. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Nursing ratings are primarily based on a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Denver North Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our third area, we gave this facility a score of A- for its long-term care score. This is a very strong rating. For patients in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 74.37722 percent of its residents. This is a bit less than we were hoping for. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, we were pleased to find facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we scored is short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a favorable grade of B. Our short-term care ratings are presumably most critical for folks in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Denver North Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Denver North Care Center, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Denver North Care Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Denver North Care Center, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Denver North Care Center, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Denver North Care Center, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Denver North Care Center, 3.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Denver North Care Center, 84.99% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Denver North Care Center, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Denver North Care Center, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Denver North Care Center, 1.08 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Denver North Care Center, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 41 other nursing homes
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.29 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.42 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.73 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 1.76 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.46 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.47 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.31 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.69 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Denver Dialysis (Dva)0.61 miles away2900 Downing St Ste C Denver Colorado 80205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 292-0303
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)1.84 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107
- Rocky Mountain Dialysis (Fmc)2.4 miles away4600 Hale Pkwy Ste 120 Denver Colorado 80220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (303) 320-6894
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)3.67 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- Stapleton Dialysis (Fmc)4.1 miles away7606 E 36th Ave Denver Colorado 80238Dialysis Stations: 20 (303) 322-1513
- Lowry Dialysis Center (Dva)4.41 miles away7465 E 1st Ave Ste A Denver Colorado 80230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 367-0946
- Commerce City Dialysis (Dva)5.05 miles away6320 Holly St Commerce City Colorado 80022CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 853-4300
- Mile High Pd (Dva)5.22 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939