With an address in Denton, Texas, Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is one of seven facilities in this city. With an overall grade of B+, this is a high quality nursing home. As a matter of fact, this turned out to be better than many of the nursing homes in Denton. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
2229 N Carroll Blvd,
Denton TX 76201
30.2% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Denton, Texas Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall grade, we gave this place an A+ for our inspections rating. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so favorably is that it was awarded a dominant long-term care score. In fact, long-term care turned out to be its second most impressive category score. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a score of A-. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 99.47369 percent of its residents, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at was short-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of B- in this category. In calculating our short-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to devise a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final measure we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 5.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
The last area we assessed is this nursing home's poorest category. However, even in its worst category we still awarded it an acceptable grade of C in nursing. In computing our nursing scores, we weigh both staffing levels and the training levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics. Although this facility got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of these quality measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this metric. This is generally an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving a patient more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 4.81% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients showing depressive symptoms. Many would argue that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 94.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels. Some would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental health.
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Denton, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Denton, Texas has 6 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DentonAcute Care Hospitals 2.28 miles away3000 N I-35 Denton Texas 76201Voluntary non-profit - Private(940) 898-7000
- Medical City DentonAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away3535 South i35 East Denton Texas 76210Proprietary(940) 384-3535
- The Heart Hospital Baylor DentonAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away2801 South Mayhill Road Denton Texas 76208Physician(940) 220-0600
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower MoundAcute Care Hospitals 13.64 miles away4400 Long Prairie Road Flower Mound Texas 75028Proprietary(972) 419-1530
- Medical Center of LewisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 15.09 miles away500 West Main Street Lewisville Texas 75057Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 420-1000
- Baylor Medical Center at Trophy ClubAcute Care Hospitals 17.16 miles away2850 E State Highway 114 Roanoke Texas 76262Proprietary(817) 837-4600
- Baylor Medical Center at FriscoAcute Care Hospitals 19.47 miles away5601 Warren Parkway Frisco Texas 75034Proprietary(214) 618-2000
- Renal Center of North Denton, Lllp2.39 miles away4309 Mesa Dr Denton Texas 76207CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (940) 566-2701
- Mission Dialysis Services, LLC4.87 miles away3305 Unicorn Lake Blvd Denton Texas 76210Dialysis Stations: 13 (940) 387-4592
- Liberty Dialysis Lake Lewisville7.31 miles away3400 Corinth Parkway Suite 130 Denton Texas 76208Dialysis Stations: 16 (940) 497-1414
- Highland Village Dialysis12.16 miles away2700 Village Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75077Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 317-5609
- Renal Center of Flower Mound, LLC13.1 miles away4941 Long Prairie Rd Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 537-5572
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Flower Mound14.45 miles away785 Cross Timbers Suite 145 Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 471-9499
- Liberty Dialysis of South Lewisville17.06 miles away101 E Southwest Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75067Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 549-7424
- Renal Center of Lewisville17.32 miles away1600 Waters Ridge Drive Suite B Lewisville Texas 75057CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 436-7211