With an address in Denton, Texas, Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is one of seven facilities in this city. With an overall grade of B, this appears to be a very respectable option. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Denton. The best part of this facility's strong profile is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so well is that it was given a favorable long-term care score. Indeed, long-term care is its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of A. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a great way to minimize unnecessary deaths for the senior population. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable area is its short-term care grade, where it was awarded a grade of C. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. It does not look like this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The last measure we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 5.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
The final category we graded is nursing, is this facility's weakest area. We gave this facility a D in this area. This was one of just a couple of weak links on a very solid profile. Our nursing score is based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the amount of time spent with patients. With only 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day, this facility's nurse staffing levels were significantly below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 4.66% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing signs of depression. High rates of depression could imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 94.73% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Denton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Denton, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Denton, Texas has 6 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DentonAcute Care Hospitals 2.28 miles away3000 N I-35 Denton Texas 76201Voluntary non-profit - Private(940) 898-7000
- Medical City DentonAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away3535 South i35 East Denton Texas 76210Proprietary(940) 384-3535
- The Heart Hospital Baylor DentonAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away2801 South Mayhill Road Denton Texas 76208Physician(940) 220-0600
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower MoundAcute Care Hospitals 13.64 miles away4400 Long Prairie Road Flower Mound Texas 75028Proprietary(972) 419-1530
- Medical Center of LewisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 15.09 miles away500 West Main Street Lewisville Texas 75057Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 420-1000
- Baylor Medical Center at Trophy ClubAcute Care Hospitals 17.16 miles away2850 E State Highway 114 Roanoke Texas 76262Proprietary(817) 837-4600
- Baylor Medical Center at FriscoAcute Care Hospitals 19.47 miles away5601 Warren Parkway Frisco Texas 75034Proprietary(214) 618-2000
- Renal Center of North Denton, Lllp2.39 miles away4309 Mesa Dr Denton Texas 76207CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (940) 566-2701
- Mission Dialysis Services, LLC4.87 miles away3305 Unicorn Lake Blvd Denton Texas 76210Dialysis Stations: 13 (940) 387-4592
- Liberty Dialysis Lake Lewisville7.31 miles away3400 Corinth Parkway Suite 130 Denton Texas 76208Dialysis Stations: 16 (940) 497-1414
- Highland Village Dialysis12.16 miles away2700 Village Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75077Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 317-5609
- Renal Center of Flower Mound, LLC13.1 miles away4941 Long Prairie Rd Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 537-5572
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Flower Mound14.45 miles away785 Cross Timbers Suite 145 Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 471-9499
- Liberty Dialysis of South Lewisville17.06 miles away101 E Southwest Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75067Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 549-7424
- Renal Center of Lewisville17.32 miles away1600 Waters Ridge Drive Suite B Lewisville Texas 75057CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 436-7211