Delmar Gardens of O'fallon is a large nursing home in O Fallon, Missouri. This facility was given a somewhat concerning overall grade of D, which is a subpar grade. If you are not happy with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in O Fallon. The city has just three other nursing homes. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category was inspections, which is discussed in the next section.
Delmar Gardens of O'fallon
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Delmar Gardens of O'fallon has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this facility overall, we awarded it a B- for inspections. This score is more respectable than this place's overall score. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Finally, CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
We also awarded this facility a grade of B- for our nursing rating. There are a number of subcategories included in this category. Many of these subcategories relate to staffing levels. This particular nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This figure is far below the national average. Finally, although this nursing home got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in a few of our quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it did well in this statistic.
Does this page answer your questions about Delmar Gardens of O'fallon?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded its next most favorable category grade in the category of short-term care. We gave this facility a B- in this category, which is a decent grade. Short-term care grades are critical for prospective residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. In this place's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the typical facility. The last statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that just 6.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Our next category is long-term care, in which we awarded this nursing home a B- in this category. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 98.35165 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is better than the vast majority of nursing homes. This facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Delmar Gardens of O'fallon Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Delmar Gardens of O'fallon, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Delmar Gardens of O'fallon, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Delmar Gardens of O'fallon, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Delmar Gardens of O'fallon, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many medical conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Delmar Gardens of O'fallon, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Delmar Gardens of O'fallon, 4.11% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression may indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Delmar Gardens of O'fallon, 88.89% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Delmar Gardens of O'fallon, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Delmar Gardens of O'fallon, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Delmar Gardens of O'fallon, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Delmar Gardens of O'fallon, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Delmar Gardens of O'fallon, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Delmar Gardens of O'fallon, 72.5% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for O Fallon, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? O Fallon, Missouri has 3 other nursing homes
- Progress West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.22 miles away2 Progress Point Pkwy O Fallon Missouri 63368Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 344-1000
- Ssm Health Saint Joseph Hospital-Lake Saint LouisAcute Care Hospitals 4.37 miles away100 Medical Plaza Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Voluntary non-profit - Church(636) 625-5200
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.76 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 12.6 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.48 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.61 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 15.33 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.97 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Villa of Waterbury1.07 miles away929 Waterbury Falls Drive O Fallon Missouri 63368Dialysis Stations: 6 (636) 329-0697
- Fresenius Medical Services O Fallon3.12 miles away4663 Highway K O Fallon Missouri 63368Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 300-4036
- Lake St Louis at Home4.75 miles away200 Brevco Plaza Suite 202 Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Dialysis Stations: 4 (636) 625-4460
- Lake St Louis Dialysis4.75 miles away200 Brevco Plaza Ste 202 Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Dialysis Stations: 14 (636) 561-4799
- Saint Charles County Dialysis5.44 miles away335 Mid Rivers Mall Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Dialysis Stations: 21 (636) 970-3730
- St Peters Dialysis7.5 miles away300 1st Executive Ave #A Saint Peters Missouri 63376Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 441-6070
- Us Renal Care St Charles Dialysis8.59 miles away2655 Muegge Road Suite 101 Saint Charles Missouri 63303Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 447-2490
- Fmc - Wentzville9.75 miles away1534 West Meyer Road Wentzville Missouri 63385Dialysis Stations: 21 (636) 887-4046