With an address in Lenexa, Kansas, Delmar Gardens of Lenexa is one of only three nursing homes there. We awarded it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack score. At the end of the day, this place ought to be a solid choice for quite a few people. This nursing home did not excel in every category we looked at, but it did not receive any rock-bottom grades either. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Delmar Gardens of Lenexa
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
9701 Monrovia Street,
Lenexa KS 66215
64.36% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its excellent health inspection reports in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this category. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received its next best category score in the area of long-term care. We gave this facility a grade of B- in this area, which is an acceptable grade. If you are looking for services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility gave the vaccine to 99.35205 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable datapoint. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Delmar Gardens of Lenexa?
Moving on to another strength for this facility, it also received an elite nursing rating. We gave this facility a score of D. Nursing grades are based largely on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This place performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is short-term care, proved to be this facility's worst area. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in this category. Our short-term care scores are presumably most meaningful for individuals in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Based on its grade in this category, we weren't surprised to discover that this place is well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Delmar Gardens of Lenexa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Delmar Gardens of Lenexa, 7.05% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Delmar Gardens of Lenexa, 5.14% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Delmar Gardens of Lenexa, 3.56% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which sustained urinary tract infections. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Delmar Gardens of Lenexa, 17.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Delmar Gardens of Lenexa, 22.38% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Delmar Gardens of Lenexa, 5.98% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Delmar Gardens of Lenexa, 91.04% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Delmar Gardens of Lenexa, 16.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Delmar Gardens of Lenexa, 19.61% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Delmar Gardens of Lenexa, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Delmar Gardens of Lenexa, 19.61 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Delmar Gardens of Lenexa, 10.57 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Delmar Gardens of Lenexa, 74.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Overland Park Reg Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 0.91 miles away10500 Quivira Road Lenexa Kansas 66215Proprietary(913) 541-5000
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 3.66 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.87 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.7 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Olathe Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.39 miles away20333 West 151st Street Olathe Kansas 66061Voluntary non-profit - Private(913) 791-4200
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.72 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.93 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- Fkc - Lenexa0.57 miles away13201 W 98th St Lenexa Kansas 66215Dialysis Stations: 13 (913) 492-4571
- Davita Overland Park Dialysis1.42 miles away12201 W 110th St Overland Park Kansas 66210Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 451-5984
- Lenexa Dialysis2.03 miles away8630 Halsey Lenexa Kansas 66215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 894-1100
- Johnson County Dialysis2.07 miles away10453 W 84th Terrace Overland Park Kansas 66214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (913) 492-2044
- Concerto Kansas, LLC3.8 miles away6740 W 121st St Suite 100 Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 1 (913) 283-8063
- Bio-Medical Applications of Leawood4.35 miles away6751 W 119th St Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 491-6341
- Davita Nottingham Dialysis4.64 miles away14010 W 134th Pl Olathe Kansas 66062Dialysis Stations: 12 (913) 764-0358
- Nall Dialysis5.3 miles away10787 Nall Ave #130 Leawood Kansas 66211Dialysis Stations: 15 (913) 649-2671