Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett is a senior living facility located in Lawrenceville, Georgia. This city has 228,867 people. This nursing home is a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Lawrenceville. Fortunately, this nursing home did not have any weak links in any of the four major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
3100 Club Drive,
Lawrenceville GA 30044
86.26% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a strong nursing home is that it earned a very impressive inspection grade. In fact, inspections is its best category grade. In that area, we gave it an A+. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded an impressive long-term care grade. Indeed, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this area. Facilities that do well in this category typically provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. After considering the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 99.5 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly illness for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. While this wasn't quite as good as some of its other category grades, this isn't a bad score either. The nursing category is based on a handful of datapoints, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day, which is not an impressive total. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures. Although this facility got docked a bit for nursing hours, it actually excelled in a few of these quality measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it fared remarkably well in this statistic. This can be an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving residents more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth area, this facility was awarded an acceptable short-term care grade of C. In determining these short-term care scores, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to devise a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final item we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that just 5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 10.15% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who have sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 3.2% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 18.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 20.07% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 4.8% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 94.56% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 16.73% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 17.19% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 17.19 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 11.58 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 68.99% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Northside Hospital GwinnettAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away1000 Medical Center Boulevard Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Government - Hospital District or Authority(678) 312-1000
- Eastside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away1700 Medical Way Snellville Georgia 30078Proprietary(770) 736-2498
- Emory Johns Creek HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.74 miles away6325 Hospital Parkway Duluth Georgia 30097Proprietary(678) 474-7000
- Peachford Behavioral Health System of AtlantaPsychiatric 11.42 miles away2151 Peachford Road Atlanta Georgia 30338Proprietary(770) 455-3200
- Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta, IncAcute Care Hospitals 14.63 miles away5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(678) 843-5720
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.76 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish RiteChildrens 14.79 miles away1001 Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Other(404) 785-5252
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.81 miles away1000 Johnson Ferry Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 851-8000
- Fms Lawrenceville1.18 miles away1115 Herrington Road Lawrenceville Georgia 30044CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 962-3546
- Nephron Corporation2.85 miles away605 Old Norcross Road Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Dialysis Stations: 21 (770) 513-0927
- Davita Lilburn Dialysis3.99 miles away4805 Lawrenceville Highway Nw Ste 320b Lilburn Georgia 30047Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 381-7544
- Medlock Bridge Dialysis5.01 miles away10680 Medlock Bridge Rd Ste 103 Duluth Georgia 30097Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 622-2167
- Nephron Corporation5.07 miles away6060 Singleton Road Suite A Norcross Georgia 30093Dialysis Stations: 14 (770) 771-0200
- Nephron Corporation5.54 miles away3770 Howell Ferry Road Duluth Georgia 30096Dialysis Stations: 15 (678) 495-0420
- Rcg Lawrenceville5.84 miles away350 Philip Blvd Nw Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 237-0013
- Fresenius Medical Care Berkeley Lake, LLC6.39 miles away3870 Peachtree Industrial Boulevard Nw Duluth Georgia 30096Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 495-7942