Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett is a senior living facility located in Lawrenceville, Georgia. This city has 228,867 people. This nursing home is a highly rated facility, with an overall grade of B+. We were pleased to find out that this was in line with the other nursing homes in Lawrenceville, which is one of the better cities in Georgia to find a nursing home. Fortunately, this nursing home didn't have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores are based on several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home performed well in the category of short-term care. In fact, we awarded it a score of A- for that area, which is one of our most impressive scores. Short-term care ratings are important for prospective residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our third category, this facility also received a grade of B for its long-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this area. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 82.8877 percent of its residents. This is slightly below what we were hoping for but still a decent figure. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The last area we rated was nursing. In that category, we gave this facility an acceptable grade of C. This actually ended up being this facility's worst area. Our nursing score assesses the facility's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of licensure of those nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day, which is well below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. It performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 10.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 3.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 3.23% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents that sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's may be a sign of lower quality nursing care. However, this metric can also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 18.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 21.48% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 5.43% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 93.26% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 17.3% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 23.05% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 23.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 11.54 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett, 69.88% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Lawrenceville, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Lawrenceville, Georgia has 4 other nursing homes
- Northside Hospital GwinnettAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away1000 Medical Center Boulevard Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Government - Hospital District or Authority(678) 312-1000
- Eastside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away1700 Medical Way Snellville Georgia 30078Proprietary(770) 736-2498
- Emory Johns Creek HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.74 miles away6325 Hospital Parkway Duluth Georgia 30097Proprietary(678) 474-7000
- Peachford Behavioral Health System of AtlantaPsychiatric 11.42 miles away2151 Peachford Road Atlanta Georgia 30338Proprietary(770) 455-3200
- Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta, IncAcute Care Hospitals 14.63 miles away5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(678) 843-5720
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.76 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish RiteChildrens 14.79 miles away1001 Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Other(404) 785-5252
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.81 miles away1000 Johnson Ferry Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 851-8000
- Fms Lawrenceville1.18 miles away1115 Herrington Road Lawrenceville Georgia 30044CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 962-3546
- Nephron Corporation2.85 miles away605 Old Norcross Road Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Dialysis Stations: 21 (770) 513-0927
- Davita Lilburn Dialysis3.99 miles away4805 Lawrenceville Highway Nw Ste 320b Lilburn Georgia 30047Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 381-7544
- Medlock Bridge Dialysis5.01 miles away10680 Medlock Bridge Rd Ste 103 Duluth Georgia 30097Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 622-2167
- Nephron Corporation5.07 miles away6060 Singleton Road Suite A Norcross Georgia 30093Dialysis Stations: 14 (770) 771-0200
- Nephron Corporation5.54 miles away3770 Howell Ferry Road Duluth Georgia 30096Dialysis Stations: 15 (678) 495-0420
- Rcg Lawrenceville5.84 miles away350 Philip Blvd Nw Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 237-0013
- Fresenius Medical Care Berkeley Lake, LLC6.39 miles away3870 Peachtree Industrial Boulevard Nw Duluth Georgia 30096Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 495-7942