Located in Henderson, Nevada, Delmar Gardens of Green Valley is one of only three available facilities in this city. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B, which is favorable rating. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Henderson. This facility was stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Delmar Gardens of Green Valley
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Henderson senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall score, we gave this facility a grade of A- for the area of inspections. Our inspection grades account for several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this category typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our nursing rating is largely tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Delmar Gardens of Green Valley?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded an impressive long-term care score as well. We gave it one of our better grades in that category with a grade of B. For prospective residents in need of a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 65.90038 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be a bit less than we expected but still a respectable percentage. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, at least this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is short-term care. This nursing home was awarded a B- in the category. Short-term care grades are often used to measure a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. It does not appear that this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we looked at the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Delmar Gardens of Green Valley Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Delmar Gardens of Green Valley, 8.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Delmar Gardens of Green Valley, 2.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients which sustained falls leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Delmar Gardens of Green Valley, 1.66% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Delmar Gardens of Green Valley, 15.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Delmar Gardens of Green Valley, 19.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Delmar Gardens of Green Valley, 2.25% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Delmar Gardens of Green Valley, 76.14% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Delmar Gardens of Green Valley, 14.91% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Delmar Gardens of Green Valley, 17.97% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Delmar Gardens of Green Valley, 1.38 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Delmar Gardens of Green Valley, 17.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Delmar Gardens of Green Valley, 9.39 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Delmar Gardens of Green Valley, 65.91% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Desert Springs HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away2075 East Flamingo Road Las Vegas Nevada 89119Proprietary(702) 369-7600
- Saint Rose Dominican Hospitals - Rose De LimaAcute Care Hospitals 6.36 miles away102 E Lake Mead Dr Henderson Nevada 89015Voluntary non-profit - Church(702) 616-5000
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away3186 S Maryland Pkwy Las Vegas Nevada 89109Proprietary(702) 731-8000
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.09 miles away5400 South Rainbow Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89118Proprietary(702) 853-3000
- University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.57 miles away1800 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102Government - Local(702) 383-2000
- Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away620 Shadow Lane Las Vegas Nevada 89106Proprietary(702) 388-4000
- Saint Rose Dominican Hospitals - San Martin CampusAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away8280 W Warm Springs Road Las Vegas Nevada 89113Voluntary non-profit - Church(702) 492-8509
- Spring Mountain SaharaPsychiatric 10.25 miles away5460 West Sahara Las Vegas Nevada 89146Proprietary(702) 873-2400
- Davita the District Dialysis Nv0.62 miles away2300 Corporate Circle Ste 100 Henderson Nevada 89074Dialysis Stations: 25 (702) 487-5576
- Anthem Village Dialysis (Dva)1.91 miles away2530 Anthem Village Dr Henderson Nevada 89052CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (702) 614-0590
- Fmc-Oasis2.47 miles away1661 W Horizon Ridge Parkway Suite 101 Henderson Nevada 89012Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 614-4301
- South Pecos (Fmc)2.82 miles away6330 S Pecos Ste 110 Las Vegas Nevada 89120CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (702) 433-3079
- Nevada Dialysis Center (Dva)2.91 miles away1510 W Warm Springs Rd Ste 100 Henderson Nevada 89014CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (702) 451-2131
- Green Valley Dialysis (Dva)2.91 miles away1489 W Warm Springs Rd Ste 122 Henderson Nevada 89014CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (702) 450-8877
- Las Vegas Dialysis (Dva)5.02 miles away2333 Renaissance Dr Las Vegas Nevada 89119CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (702) 740-8580
- Desert Springs Dialysis Center (Dva)5.92 miles away2110 E Flamingo Rd Ste 108 Las Vegas Nevada 89119CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (702) 696-9768