With an address in Paramus, New Jersey, Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center is one of only three available nursing homes in this city. Sporting an overall score of A-, this is undoubtedly a very strong facility. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes nationally. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Paramus senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Paramus, New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Paramus, New Jersey Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Paramus, New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well overall, this nursing home earned a nearly flawless inspection report. Therefore, it earned one of our best scores in that area with a grade of A+. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
On the list of its many impressive scores, this nursing home was awarded a top-shelf short-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Our short-term care ratings are crucial for residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. The nursing grade assesses quite a few datapoints, most of which are tied to nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated was long-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a decent grade of C. This actually proved to be this nursing home's least impressive category. Our long-term care scores are more meaningful for folks in need of more traditional services associated with personal care. After we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinated 97.72727 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who have experienced a UTI. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who are given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center, 6.37% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center, 89.73% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.33 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.97 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 3.08 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.93 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.62 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.85 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.93 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus1.82 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Davita Renal Center of Westwood3.2 miles away363 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 664-6649
- Davita Radburn Dialysis3.6 miles away15-00 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 796-1385
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis3.65 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873
- Fresenius Medical Care Hackensack3.85 miles away458 Passaic Street Hackensack New Jersey 07601Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 342-0801
- Davita Hackensack4.43 miles away113 West Essex Street Maywood New Jersey 07607CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (201) 843-3875
- Fmc Bergen Rcc4.67 miles away647 Cedar Lane Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (201) 692-1113
- Davita East Paterson5.18 miles away680 Broadway Ste 103 Paterson New Jersey 07514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 357-8079