Delhaven Manor is a large facility in Saint Louis, Missouri. Sporting an overall grade of D, this is a lower end nursing home. Fortunately, this nursing home is one of 23 nursing homes in this city so if you aren't impressed, you should have better options. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category is inspections, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Saint Louis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we gave this nursing home a poor overall grade, we actually awarded it a fairly respectable grade in the area of inspections, where it received a B-. This was quite a bit better than its other category grades. Inspection grades account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
The next most favorable area we awarded this nursing home in any category came in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of B-. In the area of short-term care, we seek to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. We were surprised to find that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. The facility supplied fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. It is important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Delhaven Manor?
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of C for that category, which is not a bad score. Our nursing grade assesses many datapoints, however, the main one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically a reliable indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our next area, we gave this facility a grade of D for our long-term care category. This was the nursing home's worst category grade. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 84.9315 percent of its patients. This is several points less than what we were hoping for. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Delhaven Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Delhaven Manor, 9.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Delhaven Manor, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which had a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Delhaven Manor, 3.29% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients who had a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Delhaven Manor, 20.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Delhaven Manor, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Delhaven Manor, 5.4% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Delhaven Manor, 86.07% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Delhaven Manor, 15.8% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Delhaven Manor, 13.34% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Delhaven Manor, 1.86 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Delhaven Manor, 13.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Delhaven Manor, 13.27 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 22 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 2.18 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.93 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 8.74 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.58 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- St Louis Dialysis0.47 miles away324 Debaliviere Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 367-9111
- St Louis Renal Care - Midtown0.69 miles away5901 Delmar Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63112Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 862-2138
- Saint Louis Childrens Hospital Dialysis1.31 miles awayOne Childrens Place 2n90 Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 5 (314) 454-6065
- Chromalloy American Kidney Center1.35 miles away4950 Childrens Place Wohl Clinic Bldg Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 362-7209
- Forest Park Kidney Center1.91 miles away4205 Forest Park Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63108CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 286-0800
- Rtc - Hampton Avenue Dialysis2.05 miles away1425 Hampton Avenue Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 781-4022
- Fmc - University City2.13 miles away6850 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63130CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 726-0378
- Gateway St Louis Dialysis, LLC2.36 miles away4100 Union Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63115Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 382-3480