Delhaven Manor is a large facility in Saint Louis, Missouri. Sporting an overall grade of D, this is a lower end nursing home. Fortunately, if you aren't satisfied with this facility, there are 48 nursing homes to choose from in the city so you should be able to find a better option. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection rating. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category grades
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
5460 Delmar Blvd,
Saint Louis MO 63112
37.43% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a B+ for our inspections rating. This grade is far better than the nursing home's overall score. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this place had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable category is short-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a C. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the typical facility. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Delhaven Manor?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. In determining a nursing home's nursing grade, we assess the amount of time nurses are with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's worst area was long-term care, which is the last category we looked at. In this category, we awarded this facility a grade of D. When nursing homes receive this type of score in this category it is typically a bad sign for patient care and it may indicate that the facility is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated just 84.36019 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.05 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Delhaven Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Delhaven Manor, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients which are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Delhaven Manor, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents who suffered a fall which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Delhaven Manor, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Delhaven Manor, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Delhaven Manor, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Delhaven Manor, 4.19% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Delhaven Manor, 88.53% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Delhaven Manor, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Delhaven Manor, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Delhaven Manor, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Delhaven Manor, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Delhaven Manor, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 2.18 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.93 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 8.74 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.58 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- St Louis Dialysis0.47 miles away324 Debaliviere Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 367-9111
- St Louis Renal Care - Midtown0.69 miles away5901 Delmar Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63112Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 862-2138
- Saint Louis Childrens Hospital Dialysis1.31 miles awayOne Childrens Place 2n90 Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 5 (314) 454-6065
- Chromalloy American Kidney Center1.35 miles away4950 Childrens Place Wohl Clinic Bldg Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 362-7209
- Forest Park Kidney Center1.91 miles away4205 Forest Park Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63108CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 286-0800
- Rtc - Hampton Avenue Dialysis2.05 miles away1425 Hampton Avenue Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 781-4022
- Fmc - University City2.13 miles away6850 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63130CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 726-0378
- Gateway St Louis Dialysis, LLC2.36 miles away4100 Union Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63115Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 382-3480