Delaware Court Health Care Center is a facility located in Delaware, Ohio, a city with a population of 48,107 people. With an overall grade of B-, this appears to be a decent nursing home. The facilities in Delaware received quality grades across the board with a city grade of a B. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its stellar inspection reports, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Delaware Court Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its excellent government inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
This facility's second best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. There are many datapoints included in this area. Many of the subcategories relate to levels of nurse staffing. This facility averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day, which is not an impressive total. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It scored well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Delaware Court Health Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third best area was long-term care. We gave it a B- in this category. This is essentially a middle of the road grade in this category. In the area of long-term care, we analyze the quantity of care provided by a nursing home, rather than more medically-intensive services. One of the factors we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Thankfully, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 99.333336 percent of its residents. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our next area, this nursing home received a grade of C in short-term care, which is an acceptable rating. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Delaware Court Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Delaware Court Health Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Delaware Court Health Care Center, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care patients which had falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Delaware Court Health Care Center, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Delaware Court Health Care Center, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Delaware Court Health Care Center, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Delaware Court Health Care Center, 20% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Delaware Court Health Care Center, 90.19% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Delaware Court Health Care Center, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Delaware Court Health Care Center, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Delaware Court Health Care Center, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Delaware Court Health Care Center, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Delaware, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Delaware, Ohio has 4 other nursing homes
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.55 miles away561 West Central Avenue Delaware Ohio 43015Voluntary non-profit - Private(740) 368-5145
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.35 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 14.97 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.16 miles away500 London Avenue Marysville Ohio 43040Government - Local(937) 578-2289
- Marion General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.87 miles away1000 Mckinley Park Drive Marion Ohio 43302Voluntary non-profit - Private(740) 383-8400
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.9 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Fmc - Delaware Dialysis0.59 miles away36 Troy Road Delaware Ohio 43015Dialysis Stations: 13 (740) 363-7171
- u.s. Renal Care of Delaware2.8 miles away1788 Columbus Pike Delaware Ohio 43015Dialysis Stations: 12 (740) 369-4870
- Fmc - Columbus Northwest13.97 miles away6670 Perimeter Drive, Suite 180 Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 718-2863
- Nxstage Kidney Care/Nxstage Columbus LLC14 miles away5665 Woerner Temple Road Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 10 (614) 915-3040
- Davita - Canal Winchester14.44 miles away3568 Gender Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 834-3564
- Davita - Dublin14.66 miles away6770 Perimeter Drive Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 798-8359
- Fmc- Westerville Dialysis14.86 miles away477 Cooper Road Suite 140 Westerville Ohio 43081Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 895-2705
- Davita - Parkside Dialysis15.2 miles away241 W. Schrock Road Westerville Ohio 43081Dialysis Stations: 18 (614) 882-1734