Del Rio Gardens Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Bell Gardens, California. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B- which is a respectable overall rating. Even though this is a middle of the road grade, this facility nevertheless outscored many of the facilities in Bell Gardens. You can certainly do worse than this nursing home. The best part of this nursing home's report card was is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Del Rio Gardens Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility outperformed its overall grade in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our highest scores in this category with an A-. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 15 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also would like to note that this facility was awarded impressive long-term care marks in this assessment. We awarded them one of our more impressive grades in this category, with a grade of B+. This turned out to be the facility's second highest score. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. This is a great way to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the nursing home population. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Del Rio Gardens Care Center?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. Our nursing rating is based on many subcategories, many of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This facility averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day, which is well below average. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our fourth category, this nursing home was awarded a decent short-term care score of C. In determining our short-term care grades, we size up the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is typically a meaningful assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, we were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this place. The final metric we looked at in this area is the number of patients that returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Del Rio Gardens Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Del Rio Gardens Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Del Rio Gardens Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Del Rio Gardens Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Del Rio Gardens Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents which were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Del Rio Gardens Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Del Rio Gardens Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percent of residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Del Rio Gardens Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Del Rio Gardens Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Del Rio Gardens Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Del Rio Gardens Care Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Del Rio Gardens Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Del Rio Gardens Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Bell Gardens, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Bell Gardens, California has 3 other nursing homes
- Pih Hospital - DowneyAcute Care Hospitals 2.55 miles away11500 Brookshire Avenue Downey California 90241Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 904-5000
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.51 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- Coast Plaza HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.62 miles away13100 Studerbaker Road Norwalk California 90650Proprietary(310) 356-0550
- Pih Health Hospital-WhittierAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away12401 Washington Blvd Whittier California 90602Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 698-0811
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.61 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.11 miles away1680 East 120th Street Los Angeles California 90059Voluntary non-profit - Private(424) 835-6808
- Davita-Bluff Rd Dialysis1.81 miles away100 W. Washington Blvd. Montebello California 90640CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (323) 728-2984
- Davita-Downey Dialysis Center1.89 miles away9041 Imperial Hwy. Downey California 90242CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (562) 622-4436
- Satellite Healthcare South Gate2.25 miles away8716 Garfield Avenue, Suite 100 South Gate California 90280CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (562) 674-2600
- Davita-Iowa Street Dialysis2.41 miles away8333 Iowa Street, Suite 100 Downey California 90241CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (562) 923-5901
- Davita-Doctors Dialysis Center of Montebello2.84 miles away1721 W. Whittier Blvd. Montebello California 90640CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (323) 722-1116
- Davita-Downey Landing Dialysis Center2.88 miles away11611 Bellflower Blvd. Downey California 90241CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (562) 862-0001
- East Los Angeles Dialysis Center2.98 miles away5830 E. Whittier Blvd. Los Angeles California 90022CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (323) 887-8545
- Davita-Premier Dialysis Center3.06 miles away7612 Atlantic Avenue Bell Gardens California 90201CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (323) 562-5511