Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center is a large non-profit nursing home in Pompano Beach, Florida. This is a very respectable nursing home. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a very solid rating. This nursing home truly has plenty of good features. The best aspect of this facility's strong profile was its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Pompano Beach senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. Nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B+. In calculating a facility's nursing score, we consider the amount of time nurses commit to residents as well as the level of skill of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded its third highest category grade in the category of long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a grade of B- in this area, which is a respectable score. In the area of long-term care, we analyze the quantity of services offered by a facility, rather than more healthcare-oriented services. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility administered the vaccine to 99.82548 percent of its residents, which is an above average total. This place also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we rated was short-term care. This facility was awarded a B- for the category. In our short-term care rating, we seek to create a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 3.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 11.13% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term care residents that sustained a UTI. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.38% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 14.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.14% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 99.31% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 3.16% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.24% of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.24% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 7.15% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 79.38% of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 0.19 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.36 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.46 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 8.55 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.25 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- First Class Kidney Care Dialysis Center, LLC1.28 miles away3170 North Federal Highway Suite 107 Pompano Beach Florida 33064Dialysis Stations: 4 (754) 307-9256
- Lighthouse Point Dialysis2.79 miles away200 Sw Natura Ave Deerfield Beach Florida 33441CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 426-3350
- United Dialysis Center, Inc.2.99 miles away1311 E Atlantic Blvd Pompano Beach Florida 33060Dialysis Stations: 19 (754) 307-1536
- Deerfield Beach Dialysis3.06 miles away1983 W Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach Florida 33442Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 426-3350
- Pompano Beach Artificial Kidney Center3.33 miles away600 Sw 3rd St #1100 Pompano Beach Florida 33060CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (954) 942-5115
- R & S Health Group LLC4.76 miles away6264 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Dialysis Stations: 22 (954) 776-3791
- Universal Kidney Center of Margate-Coral Springs LLC5.35 miles away2800 N State Road 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Dialysis Stations: 30 (954) 968-8500
- Nw Broward Artificial Kidney Center5.4 miles away2514 N State Road 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 977-7555