Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center is a large non-profit nursing home in Pompano Beach, Florida. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road grade. This facility seems to have some things going for it. One of the highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its relatively modest overall grade, we gave this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. This is far better than its overall score. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively minor. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's more impressive category grades was in the category of long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B. It actually fared better than most nursing homes in this category. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the senior population. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of B-. Our nursing rating consists of many subcategories, many of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a somewhat concerning figure which is well below the national average. Lastly, nursing ratings also consider quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our fourth category, this facility was awarded a C for short-term care, which is generally a respectable rating. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 3.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered falls resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents which suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.43% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Increased levels of depression may imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 94.61% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Pompano Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Pompano Beach, Florida has 6 other nursing homes
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 0.19 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.36 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.46 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 8.55 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.25 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- First Class Kidney Care Dialysis Center, LLC1.28 miles away3170 North Federal Highway Suite 107 Pompano Beach Florida 33064Dialysis Stations: 4 (754) 307-9256
- Lighthouse Point Dialysis2.79 miles away200 Sw Natura Ave Deerfield Beach Florida 33441CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 426-3350
- United Dialysis Center, Inc.2.99 miles away1311 E Atlantic Blvd Pompano Beach Florida 33060Dialysis Stations: 19 (754) 307-1536
- Deerfield Beach Dialysis3.06 miles away1983 W Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach Florida 33442Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 426-3350
- Pompano Beach Artificial Kidney Center3.33 miles away600 Sw 3rd St #1100 Pompano Beach Florida 33060CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (954) 942-5115
- R & S Health Group LLC4.76 miles away6264 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Dialysis Stations: 22 (954) 776-3791
- Universal Kidney Center of Margate-Coral Springs LLC5.35 miles away2800 N State Road 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Dialysis Stations: 30 (954) 968-8500
- Nw Broward Artificial Kidney Center5.4 miles away2514 N State Road 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 977-7555