Deerbrook Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation is an average-sized facility located in Humble, Texas. This nursing home is a well below average nursing home. A score in this range suggests we found some red flags. This isn't the worse place we looked at, however, we would still struggle to recommend it. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection grade. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category grades
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Deerbrook Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Humble senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this nursing home highly overall, we want to point out its excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities next most favorable area is long-term care. We gave it a grade of C in this category. This is basically a middle of the pack score in this area. For patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 90.90909 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is a bit lower than we anticipated but still a decent percentage. Nevertheless, this place excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Deerbrook Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation?
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. Nursing ratings are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This facility performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these statistics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was short-term care. It received a lowly F for this category, which is a bottom of the barrel grade. In computing our short-term care grades, we analyze a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This category is frequently a meaningful assessment of a facility's rehabilitation services. Considering its weak score in this area, we weren't stunned to discover this nursing home provides far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. Finally, we considered the number of residents that were able to return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Deerbrook Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Deerbrook Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 8.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Deerbrook Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 0.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who have suffered a fall which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Deerbrook Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 0.84% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients which have had a UTI. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic may be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Deerbrook Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 9.91% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Deerbrook Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 16.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Deerbrook Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Deerbrook Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 81.76% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Deerbrook Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 9.8% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Deerbrook Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 10.33% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Deerbrook Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 10.33% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Deerbrook Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 15.45% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Deerbrook Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, 62.27% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Memorial Hermann Northeast HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.73 miles away18951 Memorial North Humble Texas 77338Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 540-7700
- Humble Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 1.93 miles away1475 Fm 1960 Bypass Road East Humble Texas 77338Physician(281) 964-2100
- Memorial Hermann Surgical Hospital KingwoodAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away300 Kingwood Medical Drive Kingwood Texas 77339Proprietary(281) 312-4000
- Hca Houston Healthcare NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away710 Cypress Creek Parkway Houston Texas 77090Proprietary(281) 440-1000
- Intracare North HospitalPsychiatric 9.44 miles away1120 Cypress Station Dr Houston Texas 77090Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 893-7200
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.72 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- United Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.98 miles away510 W Tidwell Houston Texas 77091Physician(713) 691-1111
- Emil J Freireich Cancer CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.69 miles away9201 Pinecroft Spring Texas 77380Proprietary(855) 353-2201
- Humble Dialysis, Lp0.57 miles away19502 Mckay Dr. Suite 100 Humble Texas 77338CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (281) 540-4313
- Fresenius Medical Care Kingwood, LLC0.6 miles away9767 Fm 1960 Bypass Rd W Humble Texas 77338Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 548-1250
- Deerbrook Dialysis1.98 miles away9660 Fm 1960 Bypass Humble Texas 77338CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (281) 312-6362
- Usrc Kingwood Dialysis, Lp3.92 miles away24006 Highway 59 North Kingwood Texas 77339CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 312-5562
- Green Oak Dialysis4.54 miles away1426 Kingwood Drive Kingwood Texas 77339Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 312-1301
- Renal Treatment Centers Southeast Lp4.61 miles away22118 Market Place Dr Ste 100 New Caney Texas 77357CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 577-0006
- Ace Dialysis5.03 miles away14512 Lee Road Humble Texas 77396Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 441-5016
- Davita Atascocita Dialysis5.59 miles away5414 Fm 1960 Rd E Humble Texas 77346Dialysis Stations: 20 (832) 445-0020