Deer Creek of Wimberley is a large nursing home in Wimberley, Texas. With an overall grade of D, this is a relatively poor nursing home. Based on our assessment, this facility likely isn't a great fit for most people. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection rating. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Deer Creek of Wimberley
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Wimberley senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this facility's overall performance, it did receive an impressive inspection report this year with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that category with a grade of B+. Arguably the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid nursing homes that had too many severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given its next most favorable category score in the area of short-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of B- in this area, which is a decent grade. Our short-term care scores are based on the facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its level of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. The important question is whether this also affected quality of care. The last measure we looked at in this category is the number of residents who returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Deer Creek of Wimberley?
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. Our nursing score analyzes many factors, however, the paramount consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is quite a bit below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these datapoints to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the next category, this nursing home really did not perform well here either. With an abysmal grade of F in long-term care, this is just about as as uninspiring as it gets. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Deer Creek of Wimberley Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Deer Creek of Wimberley, 8.33% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Deer Creek of Wimberley, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely associated with poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Deer Creek of Wimberley, 1.16% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Deer Creek of Wimberley, 8.5% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who are given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Deer Creek of Wimberley, 33.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who were administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Deer Creek of Wimberley, 43.15% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Deer Creek of Wimberley, 100% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Deer Creek of Wimberley, 15.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Deer Creek of Wimberley, 12.47% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Deer Creek of Wimberley, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Deer Creek of Wimberley, 12.47% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Deer Creek of Wimberley, 7.02% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Deer Creek of Wimberley, 74.47% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Seton Medical Center WilliamsonAcute Care Hospitals 6.45 miles away201 Seton Parkway Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- Scott & White Hospital-Round RockAcute Care Hospitals 6.63 miles away300 University Blvd Round Rock Texas 78664Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 509-0100
- Round Rock Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.24 miles away2400 Round Rock Ave Round Rock Texas 78681Proprietary(512) 341-1000
- Cedar Park Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.46 miles away1401 Medical Parkway Cedar Park Texas 78613Proprietary(512) 528-7000
- Baylor Scott & White Emergency Medical Center at CAcute Care Hospitals 12.12 miles away900 East Whitestone Blvd Cedar Park Texas 78613Government - Hospital District or Authority(512) 684-4911
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center PflugervilleAcute Care Hospitals 15.67 miles away2600 East Pflugerville Parkway Pflugerville Texas 78660Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 654-6100
- North Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.84 miles away12221 Mopac Expressway North Austin Texas 78758Proprietary(512) 901-1000
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center -TaylorCritical Access Hospitals 16.9 miles away305 Mallard Taylor Texas 76574Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 352-7611
- Georgetown Dialysis1.2 miles away201 Fm 971 Georgetown Texas 78626Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 819-9636
- Fresenius Medical Care Chisholm Trail2.04 miles away1900 Scenic Drive Building 1 Georgetown Texas 78626Dialysis Stations: 13 (512) 819-9104
- Nna - Roundrock8.22 miles away1499 E Old Settlers Blvd Suite A Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 20 (512) 671-8012
- Scott & White Round Rock Dialysis Center9.04 miles away2120 North Mays St Suite 230 Round Rock Texas 78664Dialysis Stations: 18 (512) 238-2900
- Satellite Health Care, Inc.10.01 miles away16010 Park Valley Drive Suite 100 Round Rock Texas 78681CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 275-0100
- Round Rock Dialysis10.53 miles away1800 Round Rock Avenue Round Rock Texas 78681Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 310-8797
- Cedar Park Dialysis Center12.22 miles away1720 E Whitestone Blvd Cedar Park Texas 78613Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 528-8478
- Davita Leander Dialysis12.62 miles away2906 S Bagdad Rd Ste 120 Leander Texas 78641Dialysis Stations: 16 (512) 260-4102