De La Salle Hall is a small non-profit facility located in Lincroft, New Jersey. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B, which is a good grade. Based on our assessment, this place looks like a good fit for most people. We were also pleased to find that this place didn't have any poor grades in any of the major categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
De La Salle Hall
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of performing well in its overall score, this facility earned even higher grades in the area of long-term care. It earned one of our best grades in that category with an A. When facilities receive this kind of score in long-term care it is a good sign for patient care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 98.039215 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
We also want to emphasize this facility's nearly flawless inspections recently. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. It does not look like we were able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about De La Salle Hall?
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a middle of the pack score in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of B-. In determining our short-term care ratings, we analyze a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is often a meaningful assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation. We were not able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Turning to our final category, this facility was awarded a decent nursing score of C. The nursing grade includes a handful of data points, however, the most important one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, although this place got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in a few of our quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it did very well in this metric.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
De La Salle Hall Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In De La Salle Hall, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In De La Salle Hall, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In De La Salle Hall, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic can be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In De La Salle Hall, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for many conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In De La Salle Hall, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In De La Salle Hall, 5.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some experts believe this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In De La Salle Hall, 92% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In De La Salle Hall, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In De La Salle Hall, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In De La Salle Hall, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In De La Salle Hall, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.65 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.45 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 14.75 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Staten Island University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.75 miles away475 Seaview Avenue Staten Island New York 10305Voluntary non-profit - Private(418) 226-9761
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.81 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 18.65 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 18.95 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Shining Star Davita Middletown Dc4 miles awayUnion Square Plaza 500 Route 35 South Red Bank New Jersey 07701Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 576-9900
- Meridian Fresenius Dialysis Red Bank4.17 miles away48 East Front Street Red Bank New Jersey 07701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 530-2239
- Davita Holmdel Dialysis6.06 miles away668 North Beers Street Holmdel New Jersey 07733CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 302-0321
- Davita Atlantic Akc6.06 miles away6 Industrial Way West Suite B Eatontown New Jersey 07724CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (732) 460-1414
- Fmc Madison Dialysis at Matawan7.38 miles away625 Highway 34 Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 9 (732) 566-0471
- Matawan Dialysis7.94 miles away764 Highway 34 Suite A Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 583-1085
- Dialyze Direct8.11 miles away3297 State Route 66 Neptune New Jersey 07753Dialysis Stations: 7 (732) 806-9990
- Wall Township Home Training9.24 miles away5100 Belmar Blvd Ste 1 Farmingdale New Jersey 07727Dialysis Stations: 6 (732) 938-2780