Dayview Care Center is a facility located in New Carlisle, Ohio, a city with a total of 16,955 people. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B. A score of this caliber requires respectable scores in most areas. Based on our ratings, you can do much worse than this facility. The best part of this facility's strong report card is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Dayview Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
1885 N Dayton Lakeview Rd,
New Carlisle OH 45344
64.54% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, we were not able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Without having deficiency data for this facility, it is difficult to really evaluate it in this area.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a favorable short-term care grade. Indeed, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this category. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Dayview Care Center?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. Our nursing score is based on the facility's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, this nursing home was awarded an acceptable long-term care score of C. In determining these long-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's personal care services. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dayview Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dayview Care Center, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dayview Care Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients which suffered a fall which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dayview Care Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with poor nursing care. Closer supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dayview Care Center, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dayview Care Center, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care residents who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dayview Care Center, 21.39% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dayview Care Center, 88.91% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dayview Care Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dayview Care Center, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Dayview Care Center, 1.43 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dayview Care Center, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dayview Care Center, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dayview Care Center, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Mercy Health - Springfield Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11 miles away100 Medical Center Drive Springfield Ohio 45504Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 523-1000
- Soin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.57 miles away3535 Pentagon Park Blvd Dayton Ohio 45431Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 702-4000
- Upper Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.19 miles away3130 North County Road 25a Troy Ohio 45373Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 440-7853
- Grandview Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.87 miles away405 Grand Avenue Dayton Ohio 45405Voluntary non-profit - Other(937) 723-3200
- Greene Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.97 miles away1141 North Monroe Drive Xenia Ohio 45385Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 352-2000
- Mercy Health - Urbana HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 18.92 miles away904 Scioto Street Urbana Ohio 43078Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 653-5231
- Kettering Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.87 miles away3535 Southern Boulevard Dayton Ohio 45429Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 395-8165
- Fmc - Dayton Regional Dialysis - North6.76 miles away7211 Shull Road Dayton Ohio 45424CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (937) 237-2000
- Davita - Midwest Fairborn Dialysis8.02 miles away1266 North Broad St. Fairborn Ohio 45324Dialysis Stations: 19 (937) 879-0433
- Davita Huber Heights Dialysis8.53 miles away7769 Old Country Court Dayton Ohio 45424Dialysis Stations: 15 (937) 237-0769
- Davita - Upper Valley Kidney Center10.23 miles away3190 North County Rd. 25 A Outpatient Dialysis Center Troy Ohio 45373CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (937) 332-3733
- Davita - Midwest Springfield Dialysis11.52 miles away2200 N Limestone Street Suite 104 Springfield Ohio 45503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (937) 390-3125
- Davita - Fairborn Dialysis12.13 miles away3070 Presidential Drive, Suite 120 Fairborn Ohio 45324Dialysis Stations: 12 (937) 426-6475
- Davita - Buckeye Dialysis14.2 miles away3050 S Dixie Dr Dayton Ohio 45409CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 643-2337
- Davita Five Rivers Dialysis14.54 miles away4750 N Main Street Dayton Ohio 45405Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 278-5139