Darcy Hall of Life Care is located in the large metropolitan area of West Palm Beach, Florida with a total of 337,616 people. With an overall score of B-, this is likely a middle of the road nursing home. The nursing homes in West Palm Beach received a city grade of A- so this is not the only good option in the city. One of the better aspects of this facility's profile is its strong nursing score, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Darcy Hall of Life Care
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on West Palm Beach senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The main thing propping up this nursing home's profile is its elite nursing score. In fact, we awarded this facility an A- in that category. Our nursing grade is based on several datapoints, most of which are associated with nursing hours. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a positive grade in long-term care. This nursing home earned a grade of B in this area, which happens to be one of our higher grades. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After we finished assessing the amount of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 68.74003 percent of its residents for pneumonia. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, we were pleased to find place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Darcy Hall of Life Care?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third best category was short-term care. We gave it a C in this category. This is essentially a middle of the road grade in this area. Short-term care scores are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
The last category we assessed is inspections. We were surprised to find that this nursing home received such a poor inspection grade. We gave it a grade of just just D in this area. Clearly, this grade is not on par with some of this facility's other category grades. Inspection grades relate to a nursing home's inspections. Since this information is collected by independent inspectors, we weight it pretty heavily. Our inspection grades account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. Generally, you should be more cautious when considering a facility with severe deficiencies on its inspection reports. This facility had one category J through K deficiency, which rank among the worst categories of deficiencies. These categories mean that inspectors found a deficiency which places resident health or safety in immediate jeopardy. Lastly, we also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was assessed significant government fines in recent years amounting to more than $100,000. This usually signifies that a poor performance has been an issue for more than one year.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Darcy Hall of Life Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Darcy Hall of Life Care, 6.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Darcy Hall of Life Care, 1.91% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Darcy Hall of Life Care, 0.67% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Darcy Hall of Life Care, 13.82% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Darcy Hall of Life Care, 14.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Darcy Hall of Life Care, 0.22% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Darcy Hall of Life Care, 59.51% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Darcy Hall of Life Care, 18.86% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Darcy Hall of Life Care, 16.56% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels.
In Darcy Hall of Life Care, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Darcy Hall of Life Care, 16.56% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Darcy Hall of Life Care, 11.25% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Darcy Hall of Life Care, 72.7% of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for West Palm Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? West Palm Beach, Florida has 5 other nursing homes
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 3.4 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.54 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.16 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.19 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.01 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Bethesda Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 14.3 miles away2815 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach Florida 33435Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 737-7733
- Renal Care Partners of West Palm Beach1.06 miles away300 Executive Center Drive #101 West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 932-1981
- Pure Life Renal of West Palm Beach, LLC2.57 miles away1522 N Dixie Hwy West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 833-5355
- Sunshine Dialysis Care Centers3.13 miles away2900 Broadway Ave, Ste 3004 West Palm Beach Florida 33404Dialysis Stations: 18 (561) 902-3164
- Dialysis Assoc of the Palm Beaches3.18 miles away2611 Poinsettia Ave West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 833-0759
- Atlantic Kidney Centers LLC3.31 miles away4700 Congress Ave Ste 106 West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 845-2888
- Continental Dialysis Care3.44 miles away2000 Continental Dr Ste A West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 840-4141
- Saint Marys Hospital Dialysis Unit3.68 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 24 (561) 882-6470
- Fmc - Lake Clarke Shores Dialysis Center4.18 miles away3047 Forest Hill Blvd West Palm Beach Florida 33406Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 641-9611