Danville Post-acute Rehab is a small nursing home located in Danville, California. After receiving an A+ overall grade, this facility has the distinction of being one of the 50 best nursing homes in California. You really can not do much better than this nursing home. This nursing home also received phenomenal ratings in each of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Danville Post-acute Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection scores are based on many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This top notch facility also fared very well in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a score of A+. Only a small group of facilities fared better in this area. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Danville Post-acute Rehab?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. There are quite a few datapoints included in this grade. Many of these criteria are tied to staffing levels. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final area, we gave this facility an A+ for its short-term care score. This completed a first-rate report card. Our short-term care ratings are vital for patients looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this area is the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Danville Post-acute Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Danville Post-acute Rehab, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Danville Post-acute Rehab, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients which had falls which caused major injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Danville Post-acute Rehab, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Danville Post-acute Rehab, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Danville Post-acute Rehab, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Danville Post-acute Rehab, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. High rates of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Danville Post-acute Rehab, 95.72% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Danville Post-acute Rehab, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Some argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Danville Post-acute Rehab, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Some would argue that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Danville Post-acute Rehab, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Danville Post-acute Rehab, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Danville Post-acute Rehab, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Danville Post-acute Rehab, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
- San Ramon Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.89 miles away6001 Norris Canyon Road San Ramon California 94583Proprietary(925) 275-9200
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Walnut CreekAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away1425 S Main Street Walnut Creek California 94596Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 295-4000
- John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away1601 Ygnacio Valley Rd Walnut Creek California 94598Voluntary non-profit - Other(925) 939-3000
- San Leandro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.78 miles away13855 E 14th Street San Leandro California 94578Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 357-6500
- Stanford Health Care - ValleycareAcute Care Hospitals 11.2 miles away5555 West Las Positas Boulevard Pleasanton California 94588Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 447-7000
- John Muir Medical Center - Concord CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.35 miles away2540 East St Concord California 94520Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 682-8200
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 11.55 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - San LeandroAcute Care Hospitals 12.25 miles away2500 Merced Street San Leandro California 94577Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 454-1000
- Walnut Creek West Dialysis Center5.64 miles away1221 Rossmoor Pkwy Walnut Creek California 94595Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 295-9830
- Fmc Diablo Walnut Creek7.16 miles away365 Lennon Lane #160 Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 947-4545
- Walnut Creek Dialysis7.53 miles away404 North Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (925) 937-0203
- Walnut Creek at Home7.53 miles away400 N Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 3 (925) 979-9732
- Pleasanton Dialysis Center9.89 miles away5720 Stoneridge Mall Road #160 Pleasanton California 94588CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 737-0120
- Fkc San Miguel10.03 miles away2731 Systron Drive Suite 100 Concord California 94518Dialysis Stations: 25 (925) 676-6401
- Rai Bancroft10.05 miles away6955 Foothill Blvd. Ste 220 Oakland California 94605Dialysis Stations: 26 (510) 553-1333
- Alameda County Dialysis Center10.54 miles away10700 Macarthur Blvd. Building 7 Oakland California 94605CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 568-5849