Danville Regional Rehabilitation is an average-sized facility in Danville, Indiana. Sporting an overall grade of B+, this facility should work for most people. Based on our ratings, this facility looks like a good fit for most people. The best part of this facility's strong profile was its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Danville Regional Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Danville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being quite insignificant. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among the reasons we graded this nursing home so favorably is that it was given a dominant long-term care grade. In fact, long-term care turned out to be its second most favorable category score. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. When facilities receive this kind of score in long-term care it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Danville Regional Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received a strong short-term care score as well. We awarded it one of our higher grades in that area with a grade of B+. Short-term care grades are typically used to judge a nursing home's rehabilitation services To provide high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide higher levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. It does not appear that this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Turning to our next category, we gave this nursing home a grade of D in nursing. This was the nursing home's worst category rating. Nevertheless, we would not dwell on a single weak grade. Nursing grades are largely based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular place averaged a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This statistic is quite a bit below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at a few quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home was above average in two of the areas we focus on, with good marks for minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Danville Regional Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Danville Regional Rehabilitation, 3.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care residents that have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Danville Regional Rehabilitation, 3.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Danville Regional Rehabilitation, 0.66% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who have suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Danville Regional Rehabilitation, 3.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Danville Regional Rehabilitation, 16.25% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Danville Regional Rehabilitation, 66.98% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Danville Regional Rehabilitation, 99.41% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Danville Regional Rehabilitation, 9.06% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Danville Regional Rehabilitation, 5.05% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Danville Regional Rehabilitation, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Danville Regional Rehabilitation, 5.05% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Danville Regional Rehabilitation, 8.56% of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Danville Regional Rehabilitation, 94.17% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Hendricks Regional HealthAcute Care Hospitals 0.22 miles away1000 E Main St Danville Indiana 46122Government - Local(317) 745-4451
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.38 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Franciscan Health MooresvilleAcute Care Hospitals 13.07 miles away1201 Hadley Rd Mooresville Indiana 46158Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 831-1160
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 17.33 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 17.83 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 19.15 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Fmc - Hendricks County0.27 miles away1594 E Main Street Danville Indiana 46122Dialysis Stations: 21 (317) 718-0347
- Davita - Plainfield7.83 miles away8110 Network Drive Plainfield Indiana 46168CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 838-8089
- Davita - Brownsburg Clinic8.73 miles away124 East Northfield Drive Brownsburg Indiana 46112Dialysis Stations: 10 (317) 858-3561
- Davita - Avon Dialysis8.97 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West12.29 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Davita - Eagle Highlands12.4 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423
- Us Renal Care- Nw Indianapolis Renal Center14.61 miles away6488 Corporate Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46268CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 328-9667
- Davita - Westview Dialysis14.97 miles away3749 Commercial Dr. Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (317) 299-4693