Danridges Burgundi Manor Skilled Nursing and Therapy is in Youngstown, Ohio. This city has 163,222 people. With a bottom of the barrel overall grade of F, this facility didn't fare well in our assessment. In our grading scheme, this is ranked as one of the bottom five rated nursing homes in Youngstown. With countless other facilities in the city, you may simply want to look elsewhere. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category was short-term care, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Danridges Burgundi Manor Skilled Nursing and Therapy
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Youngstown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Although this nursing home's overall score was abysmal, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of short-term care. In fact, we gave it a C for that category, which isn't bad. Unfortunately, this was not enough to save its otherwise poor profile. Short-term care scores are critical for patients needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more skilled nursing. This includes a wide scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. We found that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we considered the number of residents that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
This nursing home excelled in the category of nursing, where it received an C. Few facilities performed better in this category. Our nursing rating is primarily based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This place provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a somewhat concerning figure which is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. It performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Danridges Burgundi Manor Skilled Nursing and Therapy?
Unfortunately, with a grade of D in the inspection category, this facility performed relatively poorly in that area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. We would scrutinize the severity of the deficiencies. This particular facility had 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they posed a risk to resident health or safety. Finally, we want to point out that this place was assessed significant government fines recently of more than $50,000. This often suggests that government inspectors grew tired after multiple years of bad government inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at was long-term care. This facility received a very poor grade of F in that category. When facilities receive this kind of score in this category it is often a bad sign for resident care and it may indicate that the facility is not as well-staffed. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. Frankly, we were a bit alarmed this nursing home vaccinated 84.52381 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is significantly less than what we expected. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Danridges Burgundi Manor Skilled Nursing and Therapy Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Danridges Burgundi Manor Skilled Nursing and Therapy, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents which suffered from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Danridges Burgundi Manor Skilled Nursing and Therapy, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Danridges Burgundi Manor Skilled Nursing and Therapy, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Closer supervision can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Danridges Burgundi Manor Skilled Nursing and Therapy, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Danridges Burgundi Manor Skilled Nursing and Therapy, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Danridges Burgundi Manor Skilled Nursing and Therapy, 21.39% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Danridges Burgundi Manor Skilled Nursing and Therapy, 88.91% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Danridges Burgundi Manor Skilled Nursing and Therapy, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Danridges Burgundi Manor Skilled Nursing and Therapy, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Danridges Burgundi Manor Skilled Nursing and Therapy, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Danridges Burgundi Manor Skilled Nursing and Therapy, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Youngstown, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Youngstown, Ohio has 14 other nursing homes
- Mh St Elizabeth Youngstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.61 miles away1044 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44501Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 480-3962
- Mh St Elizabeth Boardman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.89 miles away8401 Market Street Youngstown Ohio 44512Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 729-2929
- Sharon Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 10.87 miles away740 East State Street Sharon Pennsylvania 16146Proprietary(724) 983-3800
- Mh St Joseph Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.49 miles away667 Eastland Ave Se Warren Ohio 44481Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 841-4016
- Upmc JamesonAcute Care Hospitals 13.58 miles away1211 Wilmington Avenue New Castle Pennsylvania 16105Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 656-4100
- Trumbull Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.51 miles away1350 East Market Street Warren Ohio 44482Proprietary(330) 841-9820
- Salem Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.48 miles away1995 East State Street Salem Ohio 44460Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 332-1551
- Fmc - Youngstown3.82 miles away1340 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 746-2860
- Boardman Dialysis Center, LLC5.18 miles away7153 Tiffany Blvd. Youngstown Ohio 44514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 729-1355
- Youngstown - Warren Home Dialysis5.69 miles away4531 Belmont Ave. Youngstown Ohio 44505Dialysis Stations: 3 (330) 759-3807
- Fresenius Kidney Care Cornersburg6.4 miles away3265 Canfield Rd, Unit C Youngstown Ohio 44511Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 792-6341
- Fmc - Boardman Dialysis6.46 miles away257 Boardman-Canfield Rd. Youngstown Ohio 44512CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 629-8856
- Cdc Home Care (Youngstown), Ltd.7.78 miles away807 Southwestern Run Youngstown Ohio 44514Dialysis Stations: 2 (330) 758-0995
- Arc/Cdc, Ltd.8.14 miles away3695 Stutz Drive Canfield Ohio 44406Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 702-3040
- Fmc - North Lima8.53 miles away9174 Market Street North Lima Ohio 44452Dialysis Stations: 9 (330) 729-9061