Daleview Care Center is in Farmingdale, New York, a city with 32,098 people. Sporting an overall grade of C, this is likely a solid nursing home. Based on our analysis, there are definitely far worse facilities out there. One of the better aspects of this facility's profile is its strong inspection score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Daleview Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Lymphedema Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was not bad, it really fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our best scores. Inspection scores account for several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area tend to have very few severe deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also wanted to point out that this nursing home received favorable long-term care marks this year. We awarded them one of our higher scores in that category, with a B. This turned out to be the facility's second best score. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly can be a life or death condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Daleview Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the area of short-term care, this facility was given just a D in that category. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to assess a facility's performance with rehabilitation In order to provide quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Based on its weak score in this area, we weren't surprised to find this place offers significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most facilities. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 5.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
The final area we assessed is nursing. We gave it an abysmal F in this area, which is a poor score. This is clearly a major concern. There are numerous criteria included in this area. Many of these factors are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This statistic is quite a bit below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This facility performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Daleview Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Daleview Care Center, 9.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Daleview Care Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Daleview Care Center, 2.1% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients that experienced a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Daleview Care Center, 11.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Daleview Care Center, 13.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Daleview Care Center, 13.2% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Daleview Care Center, 91.26% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Daleview Care Center, 14.75% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Daleview Care Center, 17.32% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Daleview Care Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Daleview Care Center, 17.32 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Daleview Care Center, 8.8 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Daleview Care Center, 75.07% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.57 miles away4295 Hempstead Turnpike Bethpage New York 11714Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 579-6000
- Plainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.51 miles away888 Old Country Road Plainview New York 11803Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 719-3000
- Nassau University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.48 miles away2201 Hempstead Turnpike East Meadow New York 11554Government - Local(516) 572-0123
- Good Samaritan Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away1000 Montauk Highway West Islip New York 11795Voluntary non-profit - Church(631) 376-3000
- Pilgrim Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 9.99 miles away998 Crooked Hill Road Brentwood New York 11717Government - State(631) 761-3500
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.02 miles away1000 North Village Avenue Rockville Centre New York 11570Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 705-2525
- Nyu Winthrop HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.11 miles away259 First Street Mineola New York 11501Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 663-0333
- Huntington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.68 miles away270 Park Avenue Huntington New York 11743Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 351-2000
- Nyu Langone Hospitals2.46 miles away530 Hicksville Road The Dialysis Center @ Bethpage Bethpage New York 11714CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (516) 663-4980
- Davita Long Island Renal Care2.52 miles away3460 Great Neck Road Amityville New York 11701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (631) 532-6969
- New York Dialysis Services Inc.3.2 miles away760 South Broadway Hicksville New York 11801CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (516) 827-1370
- Davita Oyster Bay Dialysis4.28 miles away17 E Old Country Road Hicksville New York 11801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (516) 681-2786
- New York Dialysis Services, Inc.4.69 miles away185 S 10th Street Lindenhurst New York 11757Dialysis Stations: 18 (631) 956-6060
- Davita Crossways Park Dialysis5.7 miles away113 Crossways Park Dr Suite 102 Woodbury New York 11797Dialysis Stations: 17 (516) 921-0914
- Mills Pond Dialysis Center, LLC5.87 miles away134 Great East Neck Road West Babylon New York 11704Dialysis Stations: 11 (631) 539-5600
- Fresenius Kidney Care Bellmore5.99 miles away250 Pettit Avenue Bellmore New York 11710CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (516) 679-3090