Daleview Care Center is in Farmingdale, New York, a city with 32,098 people. Sporting an overall grade of D, this is a well below average nursing home. This nursing home seems to have very little going for it. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive inspection rating. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category scores
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Daleview Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Farmingdale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Lymphedema Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this nursing home highly overall, we want to point out its excellent inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Inspection scores are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid facilities that have severe deficiencies associated with risks to resident well being. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second highest area ended up being its long-term care score, where it was awarded a grade of C. In crafting these long-term care grades, we quantify the nursing home's personal care services. One of the criteria we considered after nursing hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 99.44134 percent of its residents. This place keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Daleview Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was given its next most favorable category grade in the category of short-term care. We awarded this nursing home a C in this area, which is a reasonably acceptable grade. Our short-term care scores are arguably more important for patients requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. We were surprised to find that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. It offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. It is still important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. The final item we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 5.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Turning to our last area, this facility didn't fare very well in this area either. Due to a rock bottom grade of F in nursing, this is really as as uninspiring as it gets. Our nursing rating considers a host of subcategories. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spent with residents. This nursing home averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This place fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Daleview Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Daleview Care Center, 9.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Daleview Care Center, 3.11% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely caused by poor nursing care. More supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Daleview Care Center, 2.03% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who have experienced UTI's. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Daleview Care Center, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Daleview Care Center, 13.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Daleview Care Center, 13.75% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Daleview Care Center, 90.38% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Daleview Care Center, 15.3% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many would argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Daleview Care Center, 14.12% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Some believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Daleview Care Center, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Daleview Care Center, 14.12 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Daleview Care Center, 9.74 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Daleview Care Center, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.57 miles away4295 Hempstead Turnpike Bethpage New York 11714Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 579-6000
- Plainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.51 miles away888 Old Country Road Plainview New York 11803Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 719-3000
- Nassau University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.48 miles away2201 Hempstead Turnpike East Meadow New York 11554Government - Local(516) 572-0123
- Good Samaritan Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away1000 Montauk Highway West Islip New York 11795Voluntary non-profit - Church(631) 376-3000
- Pilgrim Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 9.99 miles away998 Crooked Hill Road Brentwood New York 11717Government - State(631) 761-3500
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.02 miles away1000 North Village Avenue Rockville Centre New York 11570Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 705-2525
- Nyu Winthrop HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.11 miles away259 First Street Mineola New York 11501Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 663-0333
- Huntington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.68 miles away270 Park Avenue Huntington New York 11743Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 351-2000
- Nyu Langone Hospitals2.46 miles away530 Hicksville Road The Dialysis Center @ Bethpage Bethpage New York 11714CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (516) 663-4980
- Davita Long Island Renal Care2.52 miles away3460 Great Neck Road Amityville New York 11701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (631) 532-6969
- New York Dialysis Services Inc.3.2 miles away760 South Broadway Hicksville New York 11801CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (516) 827-1370
- Davita Oyster Bay Dialysis4.28 miles away17 E Old Country Road Hicksville New York 11801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (516) 681-2786
- New York Dialysis Services, Inc.4.69 miles away185 S 10th Street Lindenhurst New York 11757Dialysis Stations: 18 (631) 956-6060
- Davita Crossways Park Dialysis5.7 miles away113 Crossways Park Dr Suite 102 Woodbury New York 11797Dialysis Stations: 17 (516) 921-0914
- Mills Pond Dialysis Center, LLC5.87 miles away134 Great East Neck Road West Babylon New York 11704Dialysis Stations: 11 (631) 539-5600
- Fresenius Kidney Care Bellmore5.99 miles away250 Pettit Avenue Bellmore New York 11710CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (516) 679-3090