Cypress Village is an average-sized nursing home located in Jacksonville, Florida. Featuring an overall score of A, this nursing home is one of the highest-graded facilities we found. Jacksonville has a slew of other nursing homes, but it is doubtful you will need to visit too many others. This one looks like a high quality option. One of the major highlights of this facility's exemplary profile is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Jacksonville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility received an A+ in our short-term care rating. In the area of short-term care, we strive to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Adding to this nursing home's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for inspections. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Cypress Village?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Our nursing grade analyzes the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of licensure of those nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at was long-term care, where this nursing home received a B-. This proved to be this nursing home's least impressive area. This is still not the end of the world. For patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 96.732025 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is better than most nursing homes. This nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cypress Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cypress Village, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care residents who are suffering from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cypress Village, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which had falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cypress Village, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cypress Village, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cypress Village, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients who were given antianxiety medication. These medications are typically prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cypress Village, 2.53% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cypress Village, 95.81% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cypress Village, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cypress Village, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term residents that maintained mobility.
In Cypress Village, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cypress Village, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cypress Village, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cypress Village, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Jacksonville, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Jacksonville, Florida has 13 other nursing homes
- Mayo ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 1.26 miles away4500 San Pablo Rd Jacksonville Florida 32224Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 953-2000
- Baptist Medical Center - BeachesAcute Care Hospitals 3.68 miles away1350 13th Ave S Jacksonville Beach Florida 32250Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 247-2900
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 7.66 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 8.94 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 12.95 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 13.74 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 14.1 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 14.27 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Mayo Clinic Outpatient Dialysis0.41 miles away5658 Worrall Way Jacksonville Florida 32224Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 956-2020
- Beach Boulevard Dialysis2.41 miles away14444 Beach Blvd #B Jacksonville Beach Florida 32250Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 992-9254
- Jacksonville Beach Dialysis4.56 miles away1711 5th Street South Jacksonville Beach Florida 32250Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 247-9974
- Bma - Saint Johns4.71 miles away3132 Saint Johns Bluff Rd S Jacksonville Florida 32246Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 641-0806
- Fresenius Kidney Care Regency Dialysis7.01 miles away1211 St Johns Bluff Rd North Jacksonville Florida 32225Dialysis Stations: 13 (904) 565-9100
- Regency Dialysis Center7.29 miles away9535 Regency Square Blvd Jacksonville Florida 32225CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 725-0526
- Kidney Kare of Jacksonville, Inc7.8 miles away4168 Southpoint Parkway Suite 103 Jacksonville Florida 32216Dialysis Stations: 8 (904) 332-8004
- Dialysis Clinic Inc of Southpoint7.89 miles away11705 San Jose Blvd Suite 100 Jacksonville Florida 32223CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 296-6362