With an address in Greenville, North Carolina, Cypress Glen Retirement Commun is one of four available facilities there. Sporting an overall rating of A, this facility is one of the most impressive facilities we looked at. In fact, we were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it substantially ahead of most of the nursing homes in Greenville. Keep reading to find this facility's category ratings, which are equally impressive. You really can't do much better than a straight A profile.
Cypress Glen Retirement Commun
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall rating, this facility received an A+ inspection grade. This score is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can pay to a facility. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite minor. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This means CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
To add to its top-shelf performance in other areas, we gave this facility a grade of A for our long-term care rating. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. This facility is off the charts in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Cypress Glen Retirement Commun?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a very impressive short-term care grade. This actually is this nursing home's third best category score. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Short-term care grades are typically employed to gauge a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation In order to have high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
In our last category, this nursing home also was given a first-rate nursing rating, with a grade of A-. This finished off a very strong report card. There are a variety of factors included in this category. Many of the criteria are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cypress Glen Retirement Commun Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cypress Glen Retirement Commun, 11.94 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cypress Glen Retirement Commun, 72.2% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Greenville, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Greenville, North Carolina has 3 other nursing homes
- Vidant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.98 miles away2100 Stantonsburg Rd Greenville North Carolina 27834Voluntary non-profit - Private(252) 847-4100
- Vidant Beaufort HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.71 miles away628 E 12th St Washington North Carolina 27889Voluntary non-profit - Private(252) 975-4100
- Fmc Dialysis Services East Carolina University3.52 miles away2355 W Arlington Blvd Greenville North Carolina 27834CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (252) 329-8000
- Greenville Dialysis Center3.66 miles away510 Paladin Drive Greenville North Carolina 27834CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 47 (252) 752-1520
- Fresenius Medical Care of Ayden9.42 miles away3793 Lee Street Ayden North Carolina 28513Dialysis Stations: 16 (252) 746-9622
- Fresenius Medical Care Farmville13.99 miles away4302 S. Main Street Farmville North Carolina 27828Dialysis Stations: 10 (252) 753-0092
- Bma of Pamlico14.9 miles away1983 West Fifth Street Washington North Carolina 27889CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (252) 975-5950
- Robersonville Dialysis Center16.41 miles away102 Coyote Lane Robersonville North Carolina 27871Dialysis Stations: 11 (252) 795-2100