Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center is one of several nursing home options to decide among in Riverside, California. Sporting an overall rating of D, this is a well below average nursing home. Based on our assessment, this nursing home may not be the best fit for most people. Surprisingly, we were able to give this nursing home some positive feedback for our inspections category, which you can find more information about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Riverside senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this place overall, we awarded it a B+ for our inspections rating. This grade is far more impressive than the facility's overall grade. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively insignificant. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. This proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility an D. Our nursing rating is largely based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility offered a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This facility fared well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's second lowest score is long-term care, where it earned a grade of just D in that area. This is a well below average grade. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is often a bad sign for patient care and it may indicate that the place is not as well-staffed. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. We were concerned by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated just 87.15847 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's least impressive area was short-term care, which is the last category we analyzed. For this area, we gave this facility a D. Short-term care scores are vital for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. With its weak rating in this area, we weren't surprised to find that this facility provides substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who have pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used to treat a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 5.83% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents showing signs of depression. High rates of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 95.65% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Riverside, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Riverside, California has 11 other nursing homes
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 0.96 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital, RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 2.51 miles away10800 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 353-2000
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.61 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Corona Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.06 miles away800 South Main Street Corona California 92882Proprietary(951) 737-4343
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.04 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.62 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Van Buren Dialysis1.47 miles away3595 Van Buren Blvd., Suite 101 Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 977-9466
- Davita-Riverside Pd Central2.74 miles away3660 Park Sierra, Suite 108 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 11 (951) 687-3900
- Davita-Magnolia West at Home2.75 miles away3660 Park Sierra Drive, Suite 103 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 2 (951) 373-4004
- Davita-Jurupa Valley Dialysis2.76 miles away8080 Limonite Avenue Riverside California 92509Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 361-9405
- Davita-Magnolia West Dialysis2.96 miles away11161 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (951) 351-8090
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Riverside2.96 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit, 10800 Magnolia Avenue, Module 1x Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 4 (951) 353-4887
- Fmc-Riverside3.07 miles away3470 La Sierra Avenue, Suite E Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (951) 343-7700
- Davita-Riverside Dialysis Center6.2 miles away4361 Latham Street, Suite 100 Riverside California 92501CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (951) 682-2700