Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center is one of several nursing home options to decide among in Riverside, California. We gave this facility a C overall, which is not a bad grade. This is comparable with the city grade in Riverside, which is a B-. Based on our assessment, this nursing home has some redeeming qualities. The best part of this nursing home's report card was is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its nearly flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A- in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively insignificant. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Building on this nursing home's list of strengths, it also received an excellent nursing rating. We gave them an impressive grade of B- in this category. When calculating our nursing ratings, we look at both nursing hours and the training levels of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This figure is far below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics. Although this facility got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in a few of these quality measures. With less than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this metric. This is typically a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning a resident more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received its third best category grade in the category of long-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of C in this category, which is a respectable score. Our long-term care grades are more important for folks in need of more conventional services related to personal care. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 99.11243 percent of its residents. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.05 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the last area, this facility received an acceptable short-term care grade of C. In our short-term care rating, we seek to craft a fair measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze a facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average facility. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 4.33% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term residents who remained mobile levels. Many argue that mobility is important for residents' well-being.
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Windsor Cypress Gardens Care Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Riverside, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Riverside, California has 18 other nursing homes
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 0.96 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital, RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 2.51 miles away10800 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 353-2000
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.61 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Corona Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.06 miles away800 South Main Street Corona California 92882Proprietary(951) 737-4343
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.04 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.62 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Van Buren Dialysis1.47 miles away3595 Van Buren Blvd., Suite 101 Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 977-9466
- Davita-Riverside Pd Central2.74 miles away3660 Park Sierra, Suite 108 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 11 (951) 687-3900
- Davita-Magnolia West at Home2.75 miles away3660 Park Sierra Drive, Suite 103 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 2 (951) 373-4004
- Davita-Jurupa Valley Dialysis2.76 miles away8080 Limonite Avenue Riverside California 92509Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 361-9405
- Davita-Magnolia West Dialysis2.96 miles away11161 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (951) 351-8090
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Riverside2.96 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit, 10800 Magnolia Avenue, Module 1x Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 4 (951) 353-4887
- Fmc-Riverside3.07 miles away3470 La Sierra Avenue, Suite E Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (951) 343-7700
- Davita-Riverside Dialysis Center6.2 miles away4361 Latham Street, Suite 100 Riverside California 92501CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (951) 682-2700