Curis at Concord Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is located in Concord, North Carolina. The city has a total of 104,595 people. With a abysmal overall grade of F, this nursing home isn't high on our list. Concord received a city grade of B-, so there are other options in the city worth looking at. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category was nursing, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Curis at Concord Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of C for our nursing rating. Our nursing rating considers several datapoints. The most important factor is the number of hours nurses spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also didn't fare too badly in the area of short-term care. Indeed, we awarded it a C in that area, which ended up being another one of its more respectable grades. Our short-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually well below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Curis at Concord Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Among this facility's worst category grades was a lowly F for its inspection rating. Generally, this indicates we found red flags on the facility's government inspection reports. With nursing homes that received this bad of an inspection rating, we would scrutinize any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they created a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, we also want to point out that this nursing home was assessed significant government fines recently amounting to more than $100,000. This often indicates that a facility's bad track record has been an issue for several years.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed is long-term care. We gave it an abysmal F in this area, which is an abysmal score. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 70.45455 percent of its patients. This is several points below what we expected. To our surprise, this facility was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Curis at Concord Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Curis at Concord Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care patients that suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Curis at Concord Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Curis at Concord Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of poor nursing care. However, this statistic could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Curis at Concord Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Curis at Concord Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 22.36% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Curis at Concord Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.92% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients exhibiting signs of depression. Some experts would argue this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Curis at Concord Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 88.16% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Curis at Concord Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 19.43% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Curis at Concord Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 26.81% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Curis at Concord Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Curis at Concord Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 26.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Curis at Concord Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 11.94 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Curis at Concord Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 72.2% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Concord, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Concord, North Carolina has 4 other nursing homes
- Carolinas Healthcare System NortheastAcute Care Hospitals 0.69 miles away920 Church St N Concord North Carolina 28025Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 783-3000
- Atrium Health University CityAcute Care Hospitals 12.71 miles away8800 North Tyron Street Charlotte North Carolina 28262Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 548-6000
- Novant Health Huntersville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.91 miles away10030 Gilead Road Huntersville North Carolina 28078Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 316-4000
- Lake Norman Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.76 miles away171 Fairview Road Mooresville North Carolina 28117Proprietary(704) 660-4000
- Novant Health Rowan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.14 miles away612 Mocksville Ave Salisbury North Carolina 28144Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 210-5000
- Copperfield Dialysis1.55 miles away1030 Vinehaven Dr Ne Concord North Carolina 28025CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (704) 795-7552
- Dialysis of Kannapolis5.2 miles away1607 North Main Street Kannapolis North Carolina 28081CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (704) 933-0809
- Harrisburg Dialysis Center6.49 miles away3310 Perry St Concord North Carolina 28027CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (704) 792-1144
- Davita Kidney Care11.8 miles away9562 Rocky River Road Charlotte North Carolina 28215Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 921-9548
- Dsi Glenwater Dialysis12.47 miles away9030 Glenwater Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28262CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (704) 503-6900
- Independent Nephrology Services Huntersville14.97 miles away9920 Kincey Avenue Ste 140 Huntersville North Carolina 28078Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 947-2341
- Huntersville Dialysis15.27 miles away9622 Kincey Ave Huntersville North Carolina 28078Dialysis Stations: 14 (704) 912-3890
- North Charlotte16.17 miles away6620 Old Statesville Road Charlotte North Carolina 28269CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (704) 599-1355