Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community is a nursing home located in Plainfield, Indiana, which has 30,309 people. This nursing home is a well above average facility, with an overall grade of B+. This facility truly has plenty working in its favor. The best part of this facility's report card was is its short-term care score. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Plainfield senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a strong overall grade, this facility fared well in short-term care. We awarded it an impressive grade of A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Short-term care scores are important for individuals seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional highly-skilled nursing. This means a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Adding to its impressive grades, we awarded this facility an A- for our inspections rating. Inspection grades are tied to several items located in the a nursing home's inspections. Places that excel in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor dings are not necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. Our nursing rating features a host of datapoints. The most important factor is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated was long-term care. This facility received an impressive long-term care grade this year, with a C. Although this wasn't quite as elite as some of its other grades, this remains a respectable grade in this area. Our long-term care grades are more critical for those in need of more conventional assistance associated with personal care. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 98 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is better than the average nursing home. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 2.13% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 5.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 0.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 10.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 2.9% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 97.24% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 10% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 11% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who retained mobility levels.
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 11% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 9.57% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 58.14% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Franciscan Health MooresvilleAcute Care Hospitals 5.12 miles away1201 Hadley Rd Mooresville Indiana 46158Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 831-1160
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Hendricks Regional HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.62 miles away1000 E Main St Danville Indiana 46122Government - Local(317) 745-4451
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.67 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 13.11 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 13.42 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 15.61 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Davita - Plainfield0.89 miles away8110 Network Drive Plainfield Indiana 46168CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 838-8089
- Davita - Avon Dialysis6.12 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Fmc - Hendricks County8.43 miles away1594 E Main Street Danville Indiana 46122Dialysis Stations: 21 (317) 718-0347
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West8.67 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Davita Speedway Dialysis11.1 miles away2636 W. Michigan St. Indianapolis Indiana 46222Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 423-0956
- Davita - Eagle Highlands11.33 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423
- Dci - Indianapolis11.81 miles away1719 West 10th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (317) 631-2005
- Davita - Brownsburg Clinic12.15 miles away124 East Northfield Drive Brownsburg Indiana 46112Dialysis Stations: 10 (317) 858-3561