Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community is a nursing home located in Plainfield, Indiana, which has 30,309 people. This nursing home is a very solid facility, with an overall grade of B. This facility truly has plenty working in its favor. This facility's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a great overall rating, this facility performed even better in the area of inspections which is associated with the nursing home's recent inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A for this area, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category usually have few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home truly excelled in the area of short-term care, where it received a score of A-. Few nursing homes performed more favorably in this area. Short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. Nursing grades are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is long-term care. We awarded it a grade of B- in this area. This is not a bad grade in this area. Long-term care grades are typically used to gauge a nursing home's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services provided by a skilled nursing facility. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 97.44409 percent of its residents. This facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents that experienced a fall leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients that experienced a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 12.89% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some experts believe this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 91.48% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Franciscan Health MooresvilleAcute Care Hospitals 5.12 miles away1201 Hadley Rd Mooresville Indiana 46158Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 831-1160
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Hendricks Regional HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.62 miles away1000 E Main St Danville Indiana 46122Government - Local(317) 745-4451
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.67 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 13.11 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 13.42 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 15.61 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Davita - Plainfield0.89 miles away8110 Network Drive Plainfield Indiana 46168CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 838-8089
- Davita - Avon Dialysis6.12 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Fmc - Hendricks County8.43 miles away1594 E Main Street Danville Indiana 46122Dialysis Stations: 21 (317) 718-0347
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West8.67 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Davita Speedway Dialysis11.1 miles away2636 W. Michigan St. Indianapolis Indiana 46222Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 423-0956
- Davita - Eagle Highlands11.33 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423
- Dci - Indianapolis11.81 miles away1719 West 10th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (317) 631-2005
- Davita - Brownsburg Clinic12.15 miles away124 East Northfield Drive Brownsburg Indiana 46112Dialysis Stations: 10 (317) 858-3561