Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community is a nursing home located in Plainfield, Indiana, which has 30,309 people. This nursing home is a well above average facility, with an overall grade of B+. This facility truly has plenty working in its favor. This facility's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a great overall rating, this facility performed even better in the area of inspections which is associated with the nursing home's recent inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A- for this area, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category usually have few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home truly excelled in the area of short-term care, where it received a score of A-. Few nursing homes performed more favorably in this area. Short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Nursing grades are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed proved to be this facility's poorest area. However, even in its worst category we still gave it an acceptable grade of C for long-term care. Our long-term care grade is generally used to assess a nursing home's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a rehabilitation facility. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 96.44013 percent of its residents. This facility keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which sustained falls which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay residents who sustained UTI's. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 12.38% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 91.56% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that retained mobility levels.
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cumberland Trace Health & Living Community, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Franciscan Health MooresvilleAcute Care Hospitals 5.12 miles away1201 Hadley Rd Mooresville Indiana 46158Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 831-1160
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Hendricks Regional HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.62 miles away1000 E Main St Danville Indiana 46122Government - Local(317) 745-4451
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.67 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 13.11 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 13.42 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 15.61 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Davita - Plainfield0.89 miles away8110 Network Drive Plainfield Indiana 46168CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 838-8089
- Davita - Avon Dialysis6.12 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Fmc - Hendricks County8.43 miles away1594 E Main Street Danville Indiana 46122Dialysis Stations: 21 (317) 718-0347
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West8.67 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Davita Speedway Dialysis11.1 miles away2636 W. Michigan St. Indianapolis Indiana 46222Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 423-0956
- Davita - Eagle Highlands11.33 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423
- Dci - Indianapolis11.81 miles away1719 West 10th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (317) 631-2005
- Davita - Brownsburg Clinic12.15 miles away124 East Northfield Drive Brownsburg Indiana 46112Dialysis Stations: 10 (317) 858-3561