Cumberland Health Care and Rehabilitation is one of a host of options to choose from in Nashville, Tennessee. This facility received a strong grade of B+ overall. We found it to be better than most of the facilities in Nashville, which has a city grade of B. This place definitely has plenty going for it. Keep reading to find this facility's category grades, which are also quite good. It is hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
Cumberland Health Care and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Inspection grades are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. Nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility an A-. The nursing rating features a variety of datapoints. The most important factor is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Tennessee in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving patients even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Cumberland Health Care and Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a favorable long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it an above average score of B in this category. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After we finished looking at the volume of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 78.064514 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, at least this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we rated was short-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home an impressive grade of B. In forming these short-term care grades, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cumberland Health Care and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cumberland Health Care and Rehabilitation, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who are suffering from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cumberland Health Care and Rehabilitation, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents which have experienced a fall leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cumberland Health Care and Rehabilitation, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that have experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cumberland Health Care and Rehabilitation, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cumberland Health Care and Rehabilitation, 29.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cumberland Health Care and Rehabilitation, 9.05% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating signs of depression. Some experts argue that this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cumberland Health Care and Rehabilitation, 89.05% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cumberland Health Care and Rehabilitation, 16.44% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cumberland Health Care and Rehabilitation, 24.2% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Cumberland Health Care and Rehabilitation, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cumberland Health Care and Rehabilitation, 24.2 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cumberland Health Care and Rehabilitation, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cumberland Health Care and Rehabilitation, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Nashville, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Nashville, Tennessee has 10 other nursing homes
- Metro Nashville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.12 miles away1818 Albion Street Nashville Tennessee 37208Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 341-4490
- Tristar Centennial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away2300 Patterson Street Nashville Tennessee 37203Proprietary(615) 342-1000
- Saint Thomas Midtown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.97 miles away2000 Church St Nashville Tennessee 37236Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 284-5555
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.56 miles away1211 Medical Center Drive Nashville Tennessee 37232Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 322-3454
- Tristar Skyline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.33 miles away3441 Dickerson Pike Nashville Tennessee 37207Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 769-2000
- Tristar Southern Hills Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.68 miles away391 Wallace Rd Nashville Tennessee 37211Proprietary(615) 781-4000
- Tristar Ashland City Medical CenterCritical Access Hospitals 12.39 miles away313 North Main St Ashland City Tennessee 37015Proprietary(615) 792-3030
- Tristar Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.26 miles away5655 Frist Blvd Hermitage Tennessee 37076Proprietary(615) 316-3000
- Dci Clarksville Hwy1.46 miles away3229 Clarksville Hwy. Nashville Tennessee 37218Dialysis Stations: 20 (615) 742-3033
- Davita Metro Center Dialysis3.53 miles away2292 Rosa L Parks Blvd Nashville Tennessee 37228Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 255-0653
- Srs-Nashville Hh LLC3.81 miles away3900 Clifton Ave Nashville Tennessee 37209Dialysis Stations: 10 (615) 988-7881
- Dci Nashville4.06 miles away935 21st Avenue North Nashville Tennessee 37208CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (615) 327-3984
- Rcg West Nashville4.15 miles away344 White Bridge Pike Nashville Tennessee 37209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (615) 353-2113
- Nashville Home Training Dialysis4.71 miles away1919 Charlotte Ave Ste 200 Nashville Tennessee 37203Dialysis Stations: 7 (615) 329-1162
- Dci Home Training of Middle Tn5.01 miles away1633 Church Street Suite 160 Nashville Tennessee 37203Dialysis Stations: 2 (615) 329-1812
- Dci Medical Center5.1 miles away1600 Hayes St. Main Floor Nashville Tennessee 37203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (615) 327-3302