Located in Crystal Lake, Illinois, Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center is one of a mere three available facilities in the city. This nursing home is a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. Based on our assessment, this facility ought to meet the needs of most people. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its nursing grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its impressive overall score, we awarded this nursing home an A- for our nursing grade. In calculating our nursing ratings, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
In addition, this nursing home also excelled in inspections, where it earned an A-. Few nursing homes performed as well in this category. Arguably the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies an imminent threat to resident safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable area was short-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a B-. Our short-term care scores are likely more important for people in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4.8 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed is long-term care. We awarded it a grade of B- in this area. This is a fair grade in this area. Our long-term care grade assesses a facility's personal care instead of the skilled nursing or medical services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this facility administered the vaccine to just 85.52036 percent of its patients. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which suffered from pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are typically prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 30.45% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating signs of depression. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 87.4% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility. Some believe that mobility is vital to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Aurora Medical Ctr KenoshaAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away10400 75th St Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Voluntary non-profit - Private(262) 948-5600
- Midwestern Region Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.83 miles away2520 Elisha Avenue Zion Illinois 60099Proprietary(847) 872-4561
- Lake Behavioral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.57 miles away2615 W Washington St Waukegan Illinois 60085Proprietary(847) 249-3900
- Froedtert South - Kenosha Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.28 miles away6308 Eighth Ave Kenosha Wisconsin 53143Government - Local(262) 656-2011
- Aurora Medical Center BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 16 miles away252 Mchenry St Burlington Wisconsin 53105Voluntary non-profit - Private(262) 767-6545
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.44 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.6 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Fmc - Antioch0.49 miles away311 W. Depot Street, Suite H Antioch Illinois 60002Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 395-5854
- Lake Villa Dialysis5.45 miles away37809 N Illinois, Route 59 Lake Villa Illinois 60046CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 245-4872
- Fmc - Neomedica - Round Lake9.4 miles away401 W. Nippersink Round Lake Illinois 60073CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 740-5281
- Froedtert South, Inc.- St. Catherine's Kidney Center10.9 miles away9555 76th St Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin 53158CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (262) 577-8791
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Kenosha11.94 miles away6804 Green Bay Rd Suite 108 Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Dialysis Stations: 13 (262) 697-1090
- Kidney Replacement Therapies12.48 miles away6125 Green Bay Rd Suite 100 Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Dialysis Stations: 13 (262) 564-8636
- Beach Park Dialysis13.33 miles away3113 N. Lewis Avenue Waukegan Illinois 60087Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 782-8250
- Fmc - Gurnee13.41 miles away50 Tower Ct , Ste B Gurnee Illinois 60031CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 249-5555