Located in Crystal Lake, Illinois, Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center is the sole facility we were able to find in the city. This proved to be a decent facility, with an overall grade of C. Based on our analysis, this place has some redeeming qualities. One of the highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong nursing score, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Crystal Lake senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home's nursing grade outpaced its overall grade. In fact, we gave it a B for its nursing score. Our nursing score consists of many factors, many of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
This nursing home also received favorable health inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better scores in that category, with a B. This is better than its overall grade. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this area usually have very few severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Does this page answer your questions about Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed is short-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a solid grade of C. Short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a broad spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that just 4.8 percent of this facility's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive category was long-term care, which is the final category we scored. For this area, we gave this facility a grade of just D. Facilities that do not score well in long-term care often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 93.75 percent of its patients. This is slightly lower than we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable figure. To our surprise, this place actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0.05 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 11.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who have experienced falls leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 4.11% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents that had UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 7.04% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 24.88% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 6.67% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 94.38% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 22.68% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 24.51% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 0.05 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 24.51% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 15.28% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, 69.84% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Aurora Medical Ctr KenoshaAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away10400 75th St Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Voluntary non-profit - Private(262) 948-5600
- Midwestern Region Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.83 miles away2520 Elisha Avenue Zion Illinois 60099Proprietary(847) 872-4561
- Lake Behavioral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.57 miles away2615 W Washington St Waukegan Illinois 60085Proprietary(847) 249-3900
- Froedtert South - Kenosha Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.28 miles away6308 Eighth Ave Kenosha Wisconsin 53143Government - Local(262) 656-2011
- Aurora Medical Center BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 16 miles away252 Mchenry St Burlington Wisconsin 53105Voluntary non-profit - Private(262) 767-6545
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.44 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.6 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Fmc - Antioch0.49 miles away311 W. Depot Street, Suite H Antioch Illinois 60002Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 395-5854
- Lake Villa Dialysis5.45 miles away37809 N Illinois, Route 59 Lake Villa Illinois 60046CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 245-4872
- Fmc - Neomedica - Round Lake9.4 miles away401 W. Nippersink Round Lake Illinois 60073CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 740-5281
- Froedtert South, Inc.- St. Catherine's Kidney Center10.9 miles away9555 76th St Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin 53158CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (262) 577-8791
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Kenosha11.94 miles away6804 Green Bay Rd Suite 108 Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Dialysis Stations: 13 (262) 697-1090
- Kidney Replacement Therapies12.48 miles away6125 Green Bay Rd Suite 100 Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Dialysis Stations: 13 (262) 564-8636
- Beach Park Dialysis13.33 miles away3113 N. Lewis Avenue Waukegan Illinois 60087Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 782-8250
- Fmc - Gurnee13.41 miles away50 Tower Ct , Ste B Gurnee Illinois 60031CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 249-5555