Crystal Creek at Preston Hollow is in Dallas, Texas. This city is among the most populated metropolitan areas in the country with has a population of 1,263,321 people. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B+. A grade of this caliber requires above average marks in most areas. Despite Dallas having 35 nursing homes to select from, this nursing home managed to stand out as a superb selection. If you scroll down, you will see this nursing home's category ratings, which are also quite good.
Crystal Creek at Preston Hollow
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home fared well in the area of short-term care. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that area, which happens to be one of our most dominant grades. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This area is frequently a meaningful measure of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 7.4 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Crystal Creek at Preston Hollow?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. Nursing grades are primarily based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Texas in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving residents more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored was long-term care, in which this nursing home received a B. This facility turned out to be relatively strong across the board. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. After considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crystal Creek at Preston Hollow Quality Metrics
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crystal Creek at Preston Hollow, 94.73% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crystal Creek at Preston Hollow, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crystal Creek at Preston Hollow, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Dallas, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dallas, Texas has 34 other nursing homes
- Medical City DallasAcute Care Hospitals 0.33 miles away7777 Forest Lane Dallas Texas 75230Proprietary(972) 566-6222
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 1.55 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 2.03 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- North Central Surgical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 2.06 miles away9301 North Central Expressway Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 265-2810
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.08 miles away7 Medical Parkway Dallas Texas 75234Proprietary(972) 247-1000
- Methodist Hospital for SurgeryAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away17101 Dallas Parkway Addison Texas 75001Proprietary(469) 248-3900
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 7.08 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Usrc Royal Central, LLC0.17 miles away11343 N Central Expy Dallas Texas 75243Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 862-9991
- Us Renal Care North Dallas Dialysis0.73 miles away10740 N Central Expressway Suite 150 Dallas Texas 75231CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 518-6772
- Dallas North Dialysis Center1.17 miles away11886 Greenville Ave Suite 100b Dallas Texas 75243Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 918-0100
- Walnut Hill Dialysis Center1.59 miles away9840 North Central Expressway Suite 340 Dallas Texas 75231CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (469) 232-5333
- Davita Central Dallas Dialysis1.84 miles away9500 North Central Expressway Suite #102 Dallas Texas 75231Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 739-3004
- Renal Center of North Dallas, LLC2.21 miles away6190 Lbj Freeway Building 2 Suite 701 Dallas Texas 75240Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 789-0192
- Davita Preston Dialysis2.54 miles away13340 Preston Rd Dallas Texas 75240Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 980-4361
- Liberty Dialysis - Richardson5.3 miles away1621 North Central Expressway Suite 200 Richardson Texas 75080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 907-1480