Crystal Creek at Preston Hollow is in Dallas, Texas. This city is among the most populated metropolitan areas in the country with has a population of 1,263,321 people. This facility was given an A- overall, which is among the best grades that we offer. A score in this range requires first-rate scores across the board. Even with Dallas offering 35 nursing homes to select from, this nursing home stands out as a fine selection. If you look further down this page, you can see this place's category ratings, which are also impressive.
Crystal Creek at Preston Hollow
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Dallas, Texas Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a great overall grade, this nursing home also earned an excellent short-term care grade, with an A. Short-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for inspections. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to resident safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Crystal Creek at Preston Hollow?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. Our nursing grade includes several factors, however, the most important consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving patients at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed was long-term care. This nursing home was awarded an impressive nursing score this year, with a grade of B. Even though this was not nearly as good as many of its other grades, this remains one of the more favorable scores in this category. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home submitted information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crystal Creek at Preston Hollow Quality Metrics
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crystal Creek at Preston Hollow, 94.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crystal Creek at Preston Hollow, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crystal Creek at Preston Hollow, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Dallas, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dallas, Texas has 34 other nursing homes
- Medical City DallasAcute Care Hospitals 0.33 miles away7777 Forest Lane Dallas Texas 75230Proprietary(972) 566-6222
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 1.55 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 2.03 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- North Central Surgical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 2.06 miles away9301 North Central Expressway Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 265-2810
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.08 miles away7 Medical Parkway Dallas Texas 75234Proprietary(972) 247-1000
- Methodist Hospital for SurgeryAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away17101 Dallas Parkway Addison Texas 75001Proprietary(469) 248-3900
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 7.08 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Usrc Royal Central, LLC0.17 miles away11343 N Central Expy Dallas Texas 75243Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 862-9991
- Us Renal Care North Dallas Dialysis0.73 miles away10740 N Central Expressway Suite 150 Dallas Texas 75231CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 518-6772
- Dallas North Dialysis Center1.17 miles away11886 Greenville Ave Suite 100b Dallas Texas 75243Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 918-0100
- Walnut Hill Dialysis Center1.59 miles away9840 North Central Expressway Suite 340 Dallas Texas 75231CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (469) 232-5333
- Davita Central Dallas Dialysis1.84 miles away9500 North Central Expressway Suite #102 Dallas Texas 75231Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 739-3004
- Renal Center of North Dallas, LLC2.21 miles away6190 Lbj Freeway Building 2 Suite 701 Dallas Texas 75240Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 789-0192
- Davita Preston Dialysis2.54 miles away13340 Preston Rd Dallas Texas 75240Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 980-4361
- Liberty Dialysis - Richardson5.3 miles away1621 North Central Expressway Suite 200 Richardson Texas 75080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 907-1480