Crowne Health Care of Montgomery is in Montgomery, Alabama. This proved to be a highly rated facility, with an overall grade of B+. This facility definitely has plenty of good features. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Crowne Health Care of Montgomery
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively minor. This place was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home truly excelled in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed more favorably in this area. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are well cared for. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 97.1134 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a great way to avoid negative health outcomes for the aged 65 and up population. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Crowne Health Care of Montgomery?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Our nursing grade looks at the facility's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning a patient more often.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is short-term care, which is this facility's worst category. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this category. Nevertheless, we would not assess this facility based only on one bad area, as it was given many high-end scores in other areas. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The final measure we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 3.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics doomed this nursing home's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crowne Health Care of Montgomery Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 9.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 3.13% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 19.45% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term care residents who are administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to having more patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 23.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 1.27% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 92.58% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 12.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 15.91% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels.
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 1.62 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 15.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 11.46 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 73.73% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Montgomery, AL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Montgomery, Alabama has 7 other nursing homes
- Jackson Hospital & Clinic IncAcute Care Hospitals 1.35 miles away1725 Pine Street Montgomery Alabama 36106Voluntary non-profit - Private(334) 293-8000
- Baptist Medical Center SouthAcute Care Hospitals 4.06 miles away2105 East South Boulevard Montgomery Alabama 36116Government - Hospital District or Authority(334) 288-2100
- Baptist Medical Center EastAcute Care Hospitals 6.46 miles away400 Taylor Road Montgomery Alabama 36117Government - Hospital District or Authority(334) 244-8330
- Prattville Baptist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.16 miles away124 S Memorial Dr Prattville Alabama 36067Government - Hospital District or Authority(334) 361-4267
- Elmore Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.85 miles away500 Hospital Drive Wetumpka Alabama 36092Government - State(334) 567-4311
- Dci Highland Park1.1 miles away1912 Cherry Street Montgomery Alabama 36107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (334) 264-1060
- Fmc Capitol City1.17 miles away255 S Jackson Street Montgomery Alabama 36104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (334) 263-1028
- Pcd Montgomery1.18 miles away1001 Forest Avenue Montgomery Alabama 36106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (334) 269-9416
- Dci Montgomery1.73 miles away544 South Mcdonough Street Montgomery Alabama 36104CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (334) 265-9190
- Fkc Montgomery4.11 miles away3625 Mcgehee Place Drive North Montgomery Alabama 36111CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (334) 286-3766
- Davita Majestic Dialysis4.24 miles away1510 Eastern Boulevard Montgomery Alabama 36117Dialysis Stations: 12 (334) 260-8519
- Farragut Dialysis, Inc4.54 miles away2958 Dorchester Drive Montgomery Alabama 36116CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (334) 280-4980
- Bio-Medical Applications of Alabama6.22 miles away100 Mitylene Park Ln Montgomery Alabama 36117CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (334) 274-4300