Crowne Health Care of Montgomery is in Montgomery, Alabama. This proved to be a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. This facility definitely has plenty of good features. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Crowne Health Care of Montgomery
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively minor. This place was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the category of long-term care, where it was awarded a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this area. Facilities that receive this kind of score in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are kept in good health. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 99.15612 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a great way to avoid negative health outcomes for the elderly population. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Crowne Health Care of Montgomery?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. We analyzed the levels of nurses employed by the facility, as well as the quantity of hours those nurses worked with patients, in calculating our score in this category. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at was short-term care, which proved to be this nursing home's least impressive area. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in that category. Of course, this score pulled down the nursing home's overall profile to some degree. Our short-term care scores are arguably most important for patients requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional skilled nursing. This includes not just nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. We found that this nursing home was below average in two of the key staffing areas we looked at. The facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most facilities. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crowne Health Care of Montgomery Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 9.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 3.5% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 3.25% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents which suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 19.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 23.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 1.35% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing signs of depression. High levels of depression could be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 91.96% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 13.45% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 18.12% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 18.12 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 11.48 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crowne Health Care of Montgomery, 72.53% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Montgomery, AL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Montgomery, Alabama has 7 other nursing homes
- Jackson Hospital & Clinic IncAcute Care Hospitals 1.35 miles away1725 Pine Street Montgomery Alabama 36106Voluntary non-profit - Private(334) 293-8000
- Baptist Medical Center SouthAcute Care Hospitals 4.06 miles away2105 East South Boulevard Montgomery Alabama 36116Government - Hospital District or Authority(334) 288-2100
- Baptist Medical Center EastAcute Care Hospitals 6.46 miles away400 Taylor Road Montgomery Alabama 36117Government - Hospital District or Authority(334) 244-8330
- Prattville Baptist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.16 miles away124 S Memorial Dr Prattville Alabama 36067Government - Hospital District or Authority(334) 361-4267
- Elmore Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.85 miles away500 Hospital Drive Wetumpka Alabama 36092Government - State(334) 567-4311
- Dci Highland Park1.1 miles away1912 Cherry Street Montgomery Alabama 36107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (334) 264-1060
- Fmc Capitol City1.17 miles away255 S Jackson Street Montgomery Alabama 36104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (334) 263-1028
- Pcd Montgomery1.18 miles away1001 Forest Avenue Montgomery Alabama 36106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (334) 269-9416
- Dci Montgomery1.73 miles away544 South Mcdonough Street Montgomery Alabama 36104CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (334) 265-9190
- Fkc Montgomery4.11 miles away3625 Mcgehee Place Drive North Montgomery Alabama 36111CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (334) 286-3766
- Davita Majestic Dialysis4.24 miles away1510 Eastern Boulevard Montgomery Alabama 36117Dialysis Stations: 12 (334) 260-8519
- Farragut Dialysis, Inc4.54 miles away2958 Dorchester Drive Montgomery Alabama 36116CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (334) 280-4980
- Bio-Medical Applications of Alabama6.22 miles away100 Mitylene Park Ln Montgomery Alabama 36117CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (334) 274-4300