Crowne Health Care of Mobile is a nursing home in Mobile, Alabama which has a total of 270,712 people. This facility was given a phenomenal overall score of A, making it one of the five best facilities in Mobile. We really can't say enough favorable things about this facility. If you scroll down, you can see this facility's category scores, which are also quite good.
Crowne Health Care of Mobile
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being an elite nursing home overall, this facility performed well in our inspections category, where it received an A+. Very few places performed this well in this area. Inspection grades are based on items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an immediate risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Our nursing score is largely based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Crowne Health Care of Mobile?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also performed well in the area of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A-. Not many nursing homes performed better in this category. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 92.45283 percent of its patients. This is somewhat lower than we were hoping for but still a respectable figure. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last category we rated, this nursing home was given an impressive grade grade of B+ in our short-term care category. With this grade, the facility rounded out a very favorable profile. Our short-term care grades are considered to be more important for individuals in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crowne Health Care of Mobile Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 9.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 3.5% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay residents who have sustained falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 3.25% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 19.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 23.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 1.35% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 91.96% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 13.45% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 18.12% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who retained mobility levels.
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 18.12 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 11.48 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 72.53% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Mobile, AL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Mobile, Alabama has 10 other nursing homes
- Springhill Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.91 miles away3719 Dauphin Street Mobile Alabama 36608Proprietary(251) 344-9630
- Mobile Infirmary Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.28 miles away5 Mobile Infirmary Circle Mobile Alabama 36652Voluntary non-profit - Private(251) 435-4700
- Usa Health Children's & Women's HospitalChildrens 3.37 miles away1700 Center Street Mobile Alabama 36604Government - State(251) 415-1000
- University of South Alabama Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.83 miles away2451 Fillingim Street Mobile Alabama 36617Government - State(251) 471-7110
- Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away6801 Airport Boulevard Mobile Alabama 36608Voluntary non-profit - Church(251) 633-1000
- Eastpointe HospitalPsychiatric 12.22 miles away7400 Roper Lane Daphne Alabama 36526Voluntary non-profit - Other(251) 378-6500
- Thomas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.42 miles away750 Morphy Avenue Fairhope Alabama 36532Voluntary non-profit - Private(251) 928-2375
- Fmc Dauphin Island Pkwy2.3 miles away2381 Dauphin Island Parkway Mobile Alabama 36605CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (251) 471-2505
- Fmc Mobile2.76 miles away2620 Old Shell Rd Mobile Alabama 36607CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (251) 476-2762
- Bio-Medical Applications of Alabama Inc3.04 miles away65 North Catherine Street Mobile Alabama 36604CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (251) 441-0868
- Fmc East Mobile3.04 miles away1217 Government St Mobile Alabama 36604CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (251) 438-6917
- Fmc Jaguar3.81 miles away575 Stanton Road Unit B Mobile Alabama 36617CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (251) 476-0502
- Fmc Port City4.58 miles away201 St. Joseph Street, Suite B Mobile Alabama 36602Dialysis Stations: 20 (251) 652-1025
- Fmc University South Alabama5.69 miles away700 Clinic Drive Mobile Alabama 36688Dialysis Stations: 22 (251) 460-6797
- Fmc West Mobile5.71 miles away6601 Wall Street Suite A Mobile Alabama 36695Dialysis Stations: 20 (251) 633-2681