Crowne Health Care of Mobile is a nursing home in Mobile, Alabama which has a total of 270,712 people. We awarded this facility a first-rate overall rating of A. As a result, it is one of the better facilities in Mobile, which offers some very good facilities. We simply can't say enough favorable things about this facility. If you look below, you can see this facility's category grades, which appear to be equally impressive as its overall grade.
Crowne Health Care of Mobile
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
954 Navco Road,
Mobile AL 36605
87.16% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out the fact that this nursing home earned near flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a impressive long-term care grade. Indeed, this ended up being this facility's second strongest category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the statistics we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 90.322586 percent of its patients. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Crowne Health Care of Mobile?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. The nursing grade consists of many datapoints, however, the most important one is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving patients at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we graded is short-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a grade of A-. This wrapped up a very impressive profile. Not many facilities received an A- or higher in every single category. Short-term care grades are commonly used to grade a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide better levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crowne Health Care of Mobile Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 9.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay patients that suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 3.13% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 19.45% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 23.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 1.27% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 92.58% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 12.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating. Some argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 15.91% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 1.62 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 15.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 11.46 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crowne Health Care of Mobile, 73.73% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Mobile, AL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Mobile, Alabama has 10 other nursing homes
- Springhill Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.91 miles away3719 Dauphin Street Mobile Alabama 36608Proprietary(251) 344-9630
- Mobile Infirmary Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.28 miles away5 Mobile Infirmary Circle Mobile Alabama 36652Voluntary non-profit - Private(251) 435-4700
- Usa Health Children's & Women's HospitalChildrens 3.37 miles away1700 Center Street Mobile Alabama 36604Government - State(251) 415-1000
- University of South Alabama Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.83 miles away2451 Fillingim Street Mobile Alabama 36617Government - State(251) 471-7110
- Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away6801 Airport Boulevard Mobile Alabama 36608Voluntary non-profit - Church(251) 633-1000
- Eastpointe HospitalPsychiatric 12.22 miles away7400 Roper Lane Daphne Alabama 36526Voluntary non-profit - Other(251) 378-6500
- Thomas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.42 miles away750 Morphy Avenue Fairhope Alabama 36532Voluntary non-profit - Private(251) 928-2375
- Fmc Dauphin Island Pkwy2.3 miles away2381 Dauphin Island Parkway Mobile Alabama 36605CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (251) 471-2505
- Fmc Mobile2.76 miles away2620 Old Shell Rd Mobile Alabama 36607CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (251) 476-2762
- Bio-Medical Applications of Alabama Inc3.04 miles away65 North Catherine Street Mobile Alabama 36604CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (251) 441-0868
- Fmc East Mobile3.04 miles away1217 Government St Mobile Alabama 36604CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (251) 438-6917
- Fmc Jaguar3.81 miles away575 Stanton Road Unit B Mobile Alabama 36617CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (251) 476-0502
- Fmc Port City4.58 miles away201 St. Joseph Street, Suite B Mobile Alabama 36602Dialysis Stations: 20 (251) 652-1025
- Fmc University South Alabama5.69 miles away700 Clinic Drive Mobile Alabama 36688Dialysis Stations: 22 (251) 460-6797
- Fmc West Mobile5.71 miles away6601 Wall Street Suite A Mobile Alabama 36695Dialysis Stations: 20 (251) 633-2681