Crown Pointe Care Center is an average-sized facility located in Columbus, Ohio. We gave this facility an overall grade of D. A grade in this range generally suggests some red flags. Based on our ratings, this place may not be a great fit for most people. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection grade. You can scroll down to find out about inspections and other category grades
Crown Pointe Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not a highlight, it actually really excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. It is generally in your best interest to avoid nursing homes that have too many severe deficiencies. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate risk to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of C for that category, which is not a bad score. Our nursing rating is mostly associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a somewhat concerning figure which is well below the national average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics. Although this facility got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of these quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it fared well in this metric. This is typically an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning residents more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Crown Pointe Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second least favorable category was long-term care, where it received a grade of just D in that area. This is a well below average grade. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. One of the criteria we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Fortunately, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the fourth area, this nursing home really didn't perform very well in this area either. Due to an abysmal grade of F in short-term care, this is about as bad as it gets. Our short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Based on its grade in this category, we weren't surprised to learn that this facility is well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the data we looked at. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crown Pointe Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crown Pointe Care Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crown Pointe Care Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often caused by poor nursing care. More supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crown Pointe Care Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crown Pointe Care Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crown Pointe Care Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crown Pointe Care Center, 20.26% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crown Pointe Care Center, 90.12% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crown Pointe Care Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crown Pointe Care Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Crown Pointe Care Center, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crown Pointe Care Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crown Pointe Care Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crown Pointe Care Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Columbus, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Columbus, Ohio has 35 other nursing homes
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.01 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.51 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 7.21 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 7.59 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.28 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away5100 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43228Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 544-1000
- Bio-Medical Applications of Ohio, Inc.1.57 miles away758 Communications Parkway Columbus Ohio 43217Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 538-1060
- Davita - Columbus Dialysis2.56 miles away226 Graceland Blvd. - Suite 3-09a Columbus Ohio 43214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (614) 985-1732
- Nxstage Kidney Care/Nxstage Columbus LLC3.35 miles away5665 Woerner Temple Road Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 10 (614) 915-3040
- Davita - Canal Winchester4.03 miles away3568 Gender Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 834-3564
- Fmc - Central Ohio4.72 miles away4661 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 840-0012
- Fmc-Campus Kidney Dialysis Center5.1 miles away1791 Kenny Rd. Columbus Ohio 43210Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 487-9750
- Kidney Center of Columbus North5.15 miles away5700 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229Dialysis Stations: 7 (614) 846-9722
- Fmc - Columbus Northwest5.41 miles away6670 Perimeter Drive, Suite 180 Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 718-2863