Laurel Lake Retirement Community is in Hudson, Ohio. Featuring an overall score of A, this is without a doubt a phenomenal nursing home. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top ten percentile of all facilities in the nation. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's remarkable report card is its long-term care rating. We discuss long-term care in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Laurel Lake Retirement Community
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Hudson senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Ohio Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Hudson, Ohio Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of long-term care. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 93.085106 percent of its patients. This is slightly less than we expected but still a respectable percentage. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Our nursing score is largely associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning residents even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Laurel Lake Retirement Community?
Racking up another strong category grade, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an impressive grade of A. Few facilities performed better in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite insignificant. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category we scored, this nursing home was given a very favorable grade of B+ in our short-term care category. With this score, the nursing home wrapped up a very favorable report card. In crafting these short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to formulate a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Laurel Lake Retirement Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Laurel Lake Retirement Community, 4.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Laurel Lake Retirement Community, 12.23% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Laurel Lake Retirement Community, 3.28% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Laurel Lake Retirement Community, 13.9% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Laurel Lake Retirement Community, 14.18% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Laurel Lake Retirement Community, 13.89% of Patients
This is the percent of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Laurel Lake Retirement Community, 95.65% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Laurel Lake Retirement Community, 12.06% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Laurel Lake Retirement Community, 18.41% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels.
In Laurel Lake Retirement Community, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Laurel Lake Retirement Community, 18.41% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Laurel Lake Retirement Community, 16.86% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Laurel Lake Retirement Community, 76.34% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.04 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 11.66 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.05 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- University Hospitals Portage Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.47 miles away6847 N Chestnut Ravenna Ohio 44266Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 297-2300
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.95 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.56 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 19.06 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.26 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Davita Twinsburg Dialysis4.81 miles away2592 E. Aurora Rd. Suite 100 Twinsburg Ohio 44087Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 405-3030
- Fmc - Streetsboro Kidney Center6.24 miles away9200 Staples Drive, Ste A Streetsboro Ohio 44241Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 422-0160
- Davita - Munroe Falls6.95 miles away265 North Main Street Munroe Falls Ohio 44262CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 689-1400
- U S Renal Care - Cuyahoga Falls7.5 miles away421 Portage Trail, Suite B Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44221Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 928-7970
- Ohio Renal Care Group LLC7.73 miles away320 Broadway St E Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44221Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 928-4511
- Fmc - Portage County Kidney Center8.53 miles away401 Devon Place Ste 100 Kent Ohio 44240CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 677-0880
- Nephrology Associates at Oakwood, Ltd.9.28 miles away7690 First Place, Suite E, Bldg D Bedford Ohio 44146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 439-1526
- Usrc Kent LLC9.46 miles away1720 East Main Street Kent Ohio 44240Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 346-0467