Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha is located in Kenosha, Wisconsin, a city with a total of 112,912 people. With a terrible overall grade of F, this nursing home isn't high on our list. At the end of the day, you would be better off to avoid of this nursing home. Finally, we were surprised to learn that this place earned a decent score in our long-term care category. We provide additional information about this category below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Kenosha senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a B- for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. Inspection ratings are based on many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Despite this deficiency, this place still had a relatively favorable report.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was given an F for its short-term care score. In our short-term care grade, we try to create a sound barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze a facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 4.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha?
We also wanted to draw your attention to this facility's poor nursing grade where it received an F. When computing our nursing scores, we weigh both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed was long-term care. This nursing home received a rock bottom grade of F in this category. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category likely don't provide the type of consistent around the clock care that some other facilities offer. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 93.71728 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 13.39% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 3.14% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 3.83% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 17.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 14.2% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that are given antianxiety medication. These medications are typically prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 14.88% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who are showing signs of depression. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 96.86% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 25.15% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 34.46% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that maintained mobility. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 34.46% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 33.87% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 71.78% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
- Froedtert South - Kenosha Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.47 miles away6308 Eighth Ave Kenosha Wisconsin 53143Government - Local(262) 656-2011
- Aurora Medical Ctr KenoshaAcute Care Hospitals 4.6 miles away10400 75th St Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Voluntary non-profit - Private(262) 948-5600
- Midwestern Region Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.96 miles away2520 Elisha Avenue Zion Illinois 60099Proprietary(847) 872-4561
- Ascension All Saints HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.86 miles away3801 Spring St Racine Wisconsin 53405Voluntary non-profit - Church(262) 687-4011
- Lake Behavioral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.13 miles away2615 W Washington St Waukegan Illinois 60085Proprietary(847) 249-3900
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.72 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Froedtert South, Inc.- St. Catherine's Kidney Center2.66 miles away9555 76th St Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin 53158CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (262) 577-8791
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Kenosha2.66 miles away6804 Green Bay Rd Suite 108 Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Dialysis Stations: 13 (262) 697-1090
- Kidney Replacement Therapies2.86 miles away6125 Green Bay Rd Suite 100 Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Dialysis Stations: 13 (262) 564-8636
- Fmc - Zion5.99 miles away1920 Sheridan Road Zion Illinois 60099Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 731-7010
- Beach Park Dialysis9.67 miles away3113 N. Lewis Avenue Waukegan Illinois 60087Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 782-8250
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Racine10.25 miles away5409 Durand Ave Racine Wisconsin 53406Dialysis Stations: 17 (262) 554-7481
- Davita - Harbor View Dialysis11.88 miles away3113 Washington Ave Racine Wisconsin 53405CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (262) 632-0120
- Davita - Willow Creek Dialysis11.91 miles away1139 Warwick Way Racine Wisconsin 53406CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (262) 884-2730