Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha is located in Kenosha, Wisconsin, a city with a total of 112,912 people. With a terrible overall grade of F, this nursing home isn't high on our list. At the end of the day, you would be better off to avoid of this nursing home. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category was nursing, which is discussed in the next section.
Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We could not find anything favorable to say about this place. It received a grade of just just D in the area of nursing. Unfortunately, this turned out to be its best grade. The nursing rating weighs a handful of factors, however, the most important consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This place provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a bit below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these metrics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Among this nursing home's alarming category grades was an F for its inspection score. Generally, this means we found some red flags on its inspection reports. For places with bad inspection ratings, you should really scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their recent inspection reports. This facility was hit with one deficiency by CMS. Fortunately, it wasn't in one of the categories that suggest that it created a risk to resident safety or health. Finally, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received large government fines in recent years amounting to more than $100,000. This generally means that a facility'sbad track record has been an issue for several years.
Does this page answer your questions about Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is short-term care. This facility's received a rock-bottom short-term care score where it received an F. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be most critical for individuals in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. This means not just nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. With a score in this range for this category, we weren't stunned to learn that this place was below average in many staffing figures we looked at. In fact, it supplied substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most other facilities. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated is long-term care, where this facility was given a poor grade in this area as well. Sadly, it received an abysmal F for this area, which is obviously a major concern. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. Frankly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to a relatively low 86.43216 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this facility was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 6.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percentage of long-term residents who developed pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that sustained a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 3.17% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that have experienced urinary tract infections. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 13.77% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 15.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that are given antianxiety medication. These medications are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 6.45% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 92.81% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 21.75% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 1.26 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 21.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 13.28 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crossroads Care Center of Kenosha, 75.11% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Kenosha, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Kenosha, Wisconsin has 6 other nursing homes
- Froedtert South - Kenosha Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.47 miles away6308 Eighth Ave Kenosha Wisconsin 53143Government - Local(262) 656-2011
- Aurora Medical Ctr KenoshaAcute Care Hospitals 4.6 miles away10400 75th St Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Voluntary non-profit - Private(262) 948-5600
- Midwestern Region Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.96 miles away2520 Elisha Avenue Zion Illinois 60099Proprietary(847) 872-4561
- Ascension All Saints HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.86 miles away3801 Spring St Racine Wisconsin 53405Voluntary non-profit - Church(262) 687-4011
- Lake Behavioral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.13 miles away2615 W Washington St Waukegan Illinois 60085Proprietary(847) 249-3900
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.72 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Froedtert South, Inc.- St. Catherine's Kidney Center2.66 miles away9555 76th St Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin 53158CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (262) 577-8791
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Kenosha2.66 miles away6804 Green Bay Rd Suite 108 Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Dialysis Stations: 13 (262) 697-1090
- Kidney Replacement Therapies2.86 miles away6125 Green Bay Rd Suite 100 Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Dialysis Stations: 13 (262) 564-8636
- Fmc - Zion5.99 miles away1920 Sheridan Road Zion Illinois 60099Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 731-7010
- Beach Park Dialysis9.67 miles away3113 N. Lewis Avenue Waukegan Illinois 60087Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 782-8250
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Racine10.25 miles away5409 Durand Ave Racine Wisconsin 53406Dialysis Stations: 17 (262) 554-7481
- Davita - Harbor View Dialysis11.88 miles away3113 Washington Ave Racine Wisconsin 53405CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (262) 632-0120
- Davita - Willow Creek Dialysis11.91 miles away1139 Warwick Way Racine Wisconsin 53406CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (262) 884-2730