Crossbreeze Care Center is a facility in Sarasota, Florida, which has a total of 232,625 people. With an overall rating of B-, this is likely a solid nursing home. In spite of Sarasota having 23 other nursing homes to select from, this facility ought to be a sound choice. One of the major highlights of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection grade, which you can find in the next section.
Crossbreeze Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in the category of inspections, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a positive long-term care grade. Indeed, we awarded them a B in this area, which happens to be one of our more favorable scores. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Crossbreeze Care Center?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. When computing our nursing scores, we weigh both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This place provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a relatively low total compared with most nursing homes. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this facility performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally an indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we graded was short-term care, which turned out to be this nursing home's least impressive category. It received an F for this area, which is certainly a major concern. In the category of short-term care, we strive to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the metrics we considered. The final metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 2.3 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crossbreeze Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Better hygiene protocols limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents that are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 2.43% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 94.61% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Scores for Sarasota, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Sarasota, Florida has 22 other nursing homes
- Sarasota Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.41 miles away1700 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota Florida 34239Government - Hospital District or Authority(941) 917-9000
- Doctors Hospital of SarasotaAcute Care Hospitals 6.12 miles away5731 Bee Ridge Rd Sarasota Florida 34233Proprietary(941) 342-1100
- Lakewood Ranch Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away8330 Lakewood Ranch Blvd Bradenton Florida 34202Proprietary(941) 782-2100
- Manatee Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.95 miles away206 2nd St E Bradenton Florida 34208Proprietary(941) 746-5111
- Blake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.13 miles away2020 59th St W Bradenton Florida 34209Proprietary(941) 792-6611
- Venice Regional Medical Center - Bayfront HealthAcute Care Hospitals 18.74 miles away540 the Rialto Venice Florida 34285Proprietary(941) 485-7711
- Us Renal Care Sarasota2.3 miles away1921 Waldemere St Ste 107 Sarasota Florida 34239CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (941) 917-6444
- Fresenius Kidney Care Sarasota Trails3.89 miles away4012 S Tamiami Trail Sarasota Florida 34231Dialysis Stations: 17 (941) 924-0003
- Fmc - North Sarasota Dialysis Center6.02 miles away8037 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 14 (941) 351-1641
- Lakewood Ranch Dialysis6.26 miles away8470 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 12 (941) 359-0676
- Fmc - Sarasota Coastal Dialysis Center6.84 miles away2989 Fruitville Rd Sarasota Florida 34237CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (941) 373-9270
- Manasota Dialysis7.02 miles away6960 Professional Pkwy E Units 4 & 5 Sarasota Florida 34240Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 362-2864
- Bradenton Dialysis8.23 miles away3501 Cortez Rd W Bradenton Florida 34210Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 727-4209
- Southwest Florida Dialysis Center9.77 miles away520 Manatee Ave East Bradenton Florida 34208Dialysis Stations: 24 (941) 747-5500