Crossbreeze Care Center is a facility in Sarasota, Florida, which has a total of 232,625 people. With an overall rating of B+, this nursing home should work for most people. In spite of Sarasota having 23 other nursing homes to select from, this facility stands out as a quality option. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Crossbreeze Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also performed well in our inspections category, where it received an A+. Very few facilities performed as well in this category. Inspection scores account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category generally have very few severe deficiencies. This nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to create an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's above average category grades came in the category of long-term care. We gave them one of our higher grades in that category, with a score of B+. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are well cared for. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 99.62825 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations for the senior population. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Crossbreeze Care Center?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. While this didn't quite match its scores in some of the categories discussed above, this is still a decent score. Our nursing score looks at the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of skill of those nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It scored well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we scored was short-term care. We awarded this nursing home a decent grade in this area, with a B-. Although this wasn't as strong as a few of this facility's other grades, it is nevertheless a middle of the pack score. In calculating our short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to formulate a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. It doesn't look like this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crossbreeze Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term patients which sustained falls which caused major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 2.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 94.94% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence. Some argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crossbreeze Care Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure short-term care.
Scores for Sarasota, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Sarasota, Florida has 22 other nursing homes
- Sarasota Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.41 miles away1700 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota Florida 34239Government - Hospital District or Authority(941) 917-9000
- Doctors Hospital of SarasotaAcute Care Hospitals 6.12 miles away5731 Bee Ridge Rd Sarasota Florida 34233Proprietary(941) 342-1100
- Lakewood Ranch Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away8330 Lakewood Ranch Blvd Bradenton Florida 34202Proprietary(941) 782-2100
- Manatee Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.95 miles away206 2nd St E Bradenton Florida 34208Proprietary(941) 746-5111
- Blake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.13 miles away2020 59th St W Bradenton Florida 34209Proprietary(941) 792-6611
- Venice Regional Medical Center - Bayfront HealthAcute Care Hospitals 18.74 miles away540 the Rialto Venice Florida 34285Proprietary(941) 485-7711
- Us Renal Care Sarasota2.3 miles away1921 Waldemere St Ste 107 Sarasota Florida 34239CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (941) 917-6444
- Fresenius Kidney Care Sarasota Trails3.89 miles away4012 S Tamiami Trail Sarasota Florida 34231Dialysis Stations: 17 (941) 924-0003
- Fmc - North Sarasota Dialysis Center6.02 miles away8037 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 14 (941) 351-1641
- Lakewood Ranch Dialysis6.26 miles away8470 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 12 (941) 359-0676
- Fmc - Sarasota Coastal Dialysis Center6.84 miles away2989 Fruitville Rd Sarasota Florida 34237CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (941) 373-9270
- Manasota Dialysis7.02 miles away6960 Professional Pkwy E Units 4 & 5 Sarasota Florida 34240Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 362-2864
- Bradenton Dialysis8.23 miles away3501 Cortez Rd W Bradenton Florida 34210Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 727-4209
- Southwest Florida Dialysis Center9.77 miles away520 Manatee Ave East Bradenton Florida 34208Dialysis Stations: 24 (941) 747-5500