Cross Timbers Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is one of a mere two available nursing homes in Flower Mound, Texas. This nursing home received an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack score. Based on our ratings, this nursing home has some redeeming qualities. This place was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cross Timbers Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Flower Mound senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home really outperformed its overall score in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in this area with an A-. Our inspection ratings are tied to datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this area typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's higher category scores came in the category of short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B. It actually fared better than most nursing homes in this area. In the category of short-term care, we try to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Cross Timbers Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this facility a grade of B in our long-term care category. This is one of our better grades. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The final category we graded is nursing. We gave it a C in that category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this area. There are a number of criteria within this category. Most of these criteria are tied to staffing levels. This facility provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a somewhat concerning figure which is well below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cross Timbers Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cross Timbers Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cross Timbers Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cross Timbers Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cross Timbers Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cross Timbers Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cross Timbers Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 4.84% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cross Timbers Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 93.69% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cross Timbers Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cross Timbers Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Cross Timbers Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cross Timbers Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cross Timbers Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cross Timbers Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower MoundAcute Care Hospitals 0.73 miles away4400 Long Prairie Road Flower Mound Texas 75028Proprietary(972) 419-1530
- Medical Center of LewisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 4.47 miles away500 West Main Street Lewisville Texas 75057Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 420-1000
- Baylor Medical Center at Trophy ClubAcute Care Hospitals 6.6 miles away2850 E State Highway 114 Roanoke Texas 76262Proprietary(817) 837-4600
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center GrapevineAcute Care Hospitals 7.27 miles away1650 W College St Grapevine Texas 76051Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 481-1588
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital SouthlakeAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away1545 E Southlake Blvd Southlake Texas 76092Government - State(817) 748-8700
- The Heart Hospital Baylor DentonAcute Care Hospitals 9.37 miles away2801 South Mayhill Road Denton Texas 76208Physician(940) 220-0600
- Medical City DentonAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away3535 South i35 East Denton Texas 76210Proprietary(940) 384-3535
- First Texas Hospital Carrollton LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away1401 E Trinity Mills Road Carrollton Texas 75006Proprietary(972) 810-0700
- Renal Center of Flower Mound, LLC0.83 miles away4941 Long Prairie Rd Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 537-5572
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Flower Mound2.25 miles away785 Cross Timbers Suite 145 Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 471-9499
- Highland Village Dialysis2.51 miles away2700 Village Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75077Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 317-5609
- Liberty Dialysis of South Lewisville5.39 miles away101 E Southwest Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75067Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 549-7424
- Renal Center of Lewisville6.24 miles away1600 Waters Ridge Drive Suite B Lewisville Texas 75057CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 436-7211
- Grapevine Dialysis6.9 miles away1651 W. Northwest Hwy Grapevine Texas 76051CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (817) 251-0675
- Liberty Dialysis Lake Lewisville7.8 miles away3400 Corinth Parkway Suite 130 Denton Texas 76208Dialysis Stations: 16 (940) 497-1414
- Ar - Grapevine Kidney Center, LLC7.81 miles away1270 William D. Tate Ave Suite 300 Grapevine Texas 76051Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 421-6326