Cross Timbers Nursing and Senior Mental Health is a large nursing home located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. With an overall score of B, this is a good option. As far as we can see, this nursing home is a solid choice for quite a few people. This nursing home was stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Cross Timbers Nursing and Senior Mental Health
- Nursing Home
Updated Mar 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Cross Timbers Nursing and Senior Mental Health has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this nursing home performed even better in our inspections category which is associated with the nursing home's recent government inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it an A- for this category, which is one of our best scores. Our inspection ratings are based on items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. It doesn't look like we were able to find information about this nursing home's deficiencies. We would like to have more information about this facility. Without having deficiency data, it is a challenge to evaluate this facility in the area of inspections.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. There are several factors included in this grade. Most of the factors relate to staffing levels. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Cross Timbers Nursing and Senior Mental Health?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the third category, this nursing home also received a score of B for its long-term care rating. This is an above average score in this category. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care ratings. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is short-term care. This facility received a B- in the area. Our short-term care grade is typically used to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must feature better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. It does not appear that this nursing home submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 31 other nursing homes
- Alliancehealth MidwestAcute Care Hospitals 1.7 miles away2825 Parklawn Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110Proprietary(405) 610-8585
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 5.2 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 6.33 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.95 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.65 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Fmcna - Heritage Park1.14 miles away310 S. Highland Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 733-1891
- Davita - Midwest City1.24 miles away7221 E Reno Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 869-9600
- Davita - Rose Rock Dialysis3.64 miles away9913 E Reno Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73130Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 732-1576
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis4.77 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Ou Children Dialysis5.41 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Davita - Cleveland Pd6.35 miles away1059 Se 82nd Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73149Dialysis Stations: 8 (405) 512-6912
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma6.45 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553
- Davita - Oklahoma City South6.54 miles away319 Sw 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 634-3708