Cross Care Center is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Jacksonville, Florida. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Jacksonville. The best part of this nursing home's profile was its remarkable inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cross Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Jacksonville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent government inspection reports in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this category. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few relatively minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In that category, we gave this facility an B. Nursing ratings are mostly tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning a patient even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Cross Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third most favorable category is long-term care. We gave it a B- in this category. This is essentially a middle of the road score in this area. For prospective residents looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 96.16614 percent of its patients. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is short-term care. We gave this facility a C in this area. In the category of short-term care, we strive to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this area is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 4.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cross Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cross Care Center, 4.98% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cross Care Center, 3.19% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cross Care Center, 1.37% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cross Care Center, 33.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cross Care Center, 32.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cross Care Center, 0% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cross Care Center, 94.75% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cross Care Center, 6.46% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cross Care Center, 3.29% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Cross Care Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cross Care Center, 3.29% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cross Care Center, 8.63% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cross Care Center, 81.77% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Jacksonville, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Jacksonville, Florida has 13 other nursing homes
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 4.15 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Orange Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.39 miles away2001 Kingsley Ave Orange Park Florida 32073Voluntary non-profit - Other(904) 276-8500
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 8.67 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 9.03 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 9.54 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Ascension St Vincent's Clay CountyAcute Care Hospitals 10.67 miles away1670 St Vincents Way Middleburg Florida 32068Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 602-1000
- Jacksonville Westside Dialysis0.47 miles away5276 Blanding Blvd Suite 26 Jacksonville Florida 32210Dialysis Stations: 20 (904) 573-6405
- Ara Collins Road Dialysis Center2.85 miles away6196 Lake Gray Blvd Suite 112 Jacksonville Florida 32244Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 772-0933
- Normandy Village Dialysis Center3.93 miles away1584 Normandy Village Pkwy #29 Jacksonville Florida 32221CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (904) 781-7272
- Orange Park Kidney Center5.26 miles away2061 Professional Center Dr Orange Park Florida 32073Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 276-3311
- Jacksonville Kidney Center5.42 miles away1107 Myra St Ste 101 Jacksonville Florida 32204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (904) 354-3333
- Northeast Florida Dialysis Center5.66 miles away2141 Loch Rand Blvd #113 Orange Park Florida 32073CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 272-7331
- Fresenius Kidney Care Orange Park North5.66 miles away2010 Wells Pond Court Orange Park Florida 32073Dialysis Stations: 13 (904) 264-1101
- Nxstage Kidney Care - Jacksonville6.87 miles away2777 University Blvd W #39 Jacksonville Florida 32217Dialysis Stations: 10 (904) 527-5322